Sunday, January 16, 2011

Kids grow up~ =)

Been a long time since I last saw Jonas, my little cousin who is already 10 years old! (wait, or is it 9? hahaha =P) Time flies, and it felt like yesterday since I last saw him... this bundle of joy, never fails to make me laugh, or want to 'disturb' him.. I derive joy in irritating him (hahhaa.. I know I sound perverted!)

Anyway, met this little cousin of mine few weeks ago at Beh Beh yi's place, and boy was I shocked.. haha! kids really grow up very quickly... seriously, or should I say they are so well fed now (compared to my time), that their growth rate seems to be exponential!

I almost couldnt recognise my little cousin.. haha.. but of coz he's still charming in his own way.. grew up to be more talkative, more knowledgable, coz he taught me how to play the game beyblade, the functions of the various kinds of beyblades (honestly, I think they are just tots to me)... HAHA! 

See how big he is now =) he told me he's in the bball team now... haha! and was full of pride when he told me that.. I guess it's most boys' dream to be in a 'macho' eca such as bball, soccer, athletics.. or at least that's how I feel... haha..

He used to listen to me then, and did what I asked him to do... haha.. like posing nicely for a picture.... But now.. look how growing up changed him =P HAHA!


He gave me a blur look with half closed eyes.. trying to be funny right? haha...

I asked for another shot again... haha.. and as expected....

He stuck out his tongue... Noticed how I maintained the same smile and 'twist'... HAHA! it's hilarious.. =P

Too bad Jiaxin wasn't there when I visited, and I really miss her..... been such a looonnnngggg time since I last saw her... It either a case of she's there when I wasn't, or she's not there when I visited.. HAHA! but I hope I can see her during CNY =) I hope she remembers me................ =P

Anyway, managed to dig out some old photos I used to take with the little ones (not so little now)..... Seeing them grow up, really reminds me that I'm getting older =P

Now I really understand how the adults felt then, when they commented the same about us when we slowly grew up! haha... It's true~ Well...... since that's inevitable, everyone's gotta grow up and old someday... I'm just gonna embrace growing up (I hope I still am, and not starting to grow old =P) and live my life to the fullest =) haha...

Thankfully, I still have these precious pictures and memories to remind me of those happy moments together when we all were younger... haha! 10 years down the road, let's go back to the old photos and see how we have changed/grown..

They say nothing lasts forever.. well, I beg to differ~ coz a photograph embalms time and is memory in the raw =)

Walking down memory lane (playing the song 'The young ones" in my head)................


Memories = Priceless! =)

No comments: