Thursday, August 4, 2011

In the month of July...

July went past discreetly and suddenly August comes knocking on my door.. reminding me that September is coming next =P (sounds like the song 'Friday' by Rebecca Black).. I know what I said earlier is just stating the obvious.. haha! Pardon me~

Anyway, July went by with....

newly-discovered-manicurist-me doing my own nails =) I found my 'talent' in nail art~ Pretty decent work I must say.. I know what I can do when I retire in future.. hee.. I'll charge cheaply =P

July is also the month where my beloved Lions fought bravely against the Tigers... How can I miss this highly anticipated causeway derby? Well done Lions~ We are very proud of you!
As the saying goes, there's always a Tiger behind every Lion.. You need to have watched Singapore soccer / soccer fan to know what I'm talking about.. haha..

Mr Koh and I in red (I'm almost red) in support of our Lions! haha.. We were at the grounds of PA, located beside Jalan Besar stadium to catch the live screening of the match =)




July is also a month where we embraced healthy living!.. injecting some nature/exercise element into our routine "shopping malls-weekends".. haha..


and so, we headed over to Bukit Timah Nature Reserve to work those muscles~



Don't be deceived by the pictures.. The slopes are surprisingly and shockingly steep.. I'm not kidding.. I felt inappropriately dressed for that day, coz I wore flip flops there.. I tortured my poor soles and legs while climbing up the hill.. haha.. I'd always remember to wear proper shoes next time~ at least Mr Koh wore something decent =P


After some strenuous climbing and hiking, we reached the summit!! My muscles never felt so toned before, after strolling through other nature reserves in Singapore previously.. This is by far, one of the more challenging one.. haha! but I like~ bring it on =) Could be due to the extra strain I exerted on my legs coz of the slippers that I wore.. haha..



We went downhill after that.. and crossed over to the nearby Bukit Timah railway track.. I've been wanting to go there since some time back coz friends/cols have been talking abt the closed railway station and tracks.. Seen many friends post pictures on FB too.. so we decided to leave our footprints there, before they remove all the tracks =)


This is my favourite shot of the tracks.. Not easy to capture such a shot on a weekend especially, where families and groups of friends will come and have a stroll there.. A picture says a thousand words, and this picture seems to tell me to stride forward.. come what may~


As you can tell from the pictures above, it was a hot day.. haha.. Our eyes instantly became smaller with the glare from the sun~




Posing with one of the signpost.. I'm as white as a sheet.. almost like the twillight-vampires.. haha..


And Mr Koh is clever enough to stay in the shade.. looking dark, tall and almost mysterious like.. perhaps like a Dracula? haha..


Besides that, I also took a day off on Monday, to lenghten my weekend, and brought my folks around town~ haha..


Me and Ah Qi.. at 313 basement..

Dearest Daddy and Mummy~


And this is my dinner that day.. haha.. some cheap sushi set~ Not very nice though, just passable..


My July was wrapped up with lovely fireworks display from the weekly NDP rehearsals.. Mr Koh and I religiously went to catch the fireworks from different locations every Saturday.. We missed one session though, coz we're busy rooting for the Lions that night =P haha..


It's magical~ to bask under the brilliant showers of colours and sparks.. Mr Koh and I made ourselves comfy and enjoyed the 5-10 mins of magic in the skies =)




Beautiful isn't it? haha.. of course it must be nice, I paid my taxes dutifully =P I'm just making sure I 'reap' the benefits and that my taxes are put to good use (buy nicer fireworks).. =P


May August shine as brightly too! =)

No comments: