Sunday, May 9, 2010

Saturday at Istana!

It was labour day last Saturday~ and I read on the news that the Istana will be open to the public that day!... I've never been to the Istana (having heard much about it since young, but not sure what they had inside), so suggested going there that day! =)

And what perfect weather we had.......
Lush greenery awaits...

Entering the Istana is like entering a massive grassland.. There is no lack of green.. suddenly I feel like I'm not in Singapore.. coz it's pretty rare to find large plots of never-ending greens.. Btw, Singaporeans get in for free that day, while foreigners had to pay a small sum of $2 (I think) to enter the premises..


Entering another big gate which brings us to another large plot of grassland... haha.. The weather was too hot for comfort.. but still better than rain.. =P

As we entered the gates, we could hear melodious music played by a symphonic band from afar.. haha.. and true enough, there was a school band nicely nestled inside the tent, playing catchy tunes to entertain everyone at the Istana.. Seeing how hot the weather was, I had to bring out my 'armour' too!

Though it's black (black absorbs heat), I still need it to shelter me from the harmful rays....... =P

suave conductor... HAHA...

We proceeded up the gradual slope which led us to a white house lookalike building.. haha...

Posing with my lovely 'hor sua' =P and drops of perspiration happily soaked my jeans.. luckily my jean's dark, if not people would have thought I'd pee-ed in them...

We've reached the white-house.. haha.. think this is the place where meetings and conferences are held.. and since we need to pay to get in.. we decided to just stay put and lingered around instead..

Coincidentally, Mr Koh met his colleague there and she was nice enough to help us take a shot =)

Spotted a fountain not too far away from the 'white house'

So before we trotted to the fountain, here's me saluting to say bye bye to the 'white house'.. haha...

To the fountain behind Mr Koh........... charge!

Tadah~ Sweltering heat made the stroll around Istana a little unbearable.. but still people still gathered around to take numerous shots.. haha...


Afterwhich, we walked towards another part of Istana - Victoria Pond.. Which is a little bit off the main area..

Nice red flower amidst the green... Thankfully, there wasnt any mossies in sight..

Erm... if I'm not wrong.. this is the statue of Queen Victoria... haha..

Interestingly, we spotted a pretty large canon, which was a hot favourite amongst photography enthusiasts..

This pretty much ended our sight seeing session at the Istana.. Happy Labour Day to all... glad I'll have my off-in-lieu... =P haha...




No comments: