Monday, August 2, 2010

My 2nd New Paper Big Walk!

Thanks to Huixian and Weiting, Mr Koh and I had another chance to attend the New Paper Big Walk! =) hahaha...

We had to wake up pretty early that day~ coz we were supposed to meet them at esplanade at ard 6am... which means.. we had to wake up at 5 (or even earlier) that morning.. haha.. which due to some miscomm (or my ears/eyes didn't hear/see correctly), I thought Mr Koh had arranged to pick me up at 6am.. which in fact was wrong =P it was supposed to be 5.30am instead...

So long story short, i woke up at 530am... hahahaha.. and got a shock of my life to wake up seeing the sms Mr Koh had sent, which made me realise that I got the timing wrong.. HAHA! so I scrambled and got ready in 12mins... bravo! I washed up, changed, packed bag, wore shoes... I'm ready for the army training (or part of it) =P

Ok, met the couple at the carpark and we strolled to the Flyer (place to gather/flag off) to redeem our goodie bag.. and found it pretty heavy to be lugged all the way throughout the big walk.. so we decided to bring the goodie bags back to the bikes again, just to drop them off~ This will free our hands during the walk.. haha...

And as usual, like most events... the big walk started late for most.. =P walk was suppoed to start at 630am, guess most were strolling in at 630am, or some might still be on their way.. but nevertheless... we started our walk! =)

Photobucket

All in! =)

It was a colourful walk.... and a scenic one indeed...

Photobucket

Photobucket


we were surrounded by the new landmarks around marina bay and it was definitely a walk for the body, mind, soul and EYES~ so much to see and enjoy!

Photobucket

All charging towards the ‘deck of cards’

After a surprisingly relaxing stroll, we ended our walk at the newly built marina promenade =) Weather was cooling, and it was perfect for the mini carnival which was held at the vicinity~

Photobucket

Yay! we made it~

Throngs of people and families gathered for some simple and enjoyable fun~ I couldnt remember much of the games, but it was surely colourful... it immediately brightened my day.. hahaha..

We took pictures with the beautiful skyline.. the ground which we were standing on used to be a patch of grass.. now it’s all developed, into a lovely promenade…

After the big walk, we met the rest of COKTY and gfs for dinner… meaning the four of us had loitered around Marina Square area the entire morning & afternoon.. hahaha.. we wore the hippest T-Shirt that day =P looked like couple tees too.. hee!

I pray for free tix next yr too… hahaha…

No comments: