Sunday, November 21, 2010

Mr Koh's Birthday Celebration! - part 2

Continued from Day 1... haha.. after a good night's rest (we really slept like we were at home, took our own sweet time to brush up and get ready for breakfast).. =) Living like kings and queens.. no need to make the bed =P

The birthday boy's first meal of the day.. hahaha.. had yummy bfast to start the day! =)

We had so much food (or maybe it was just me, coz I like to have and try many many kinds of food).. haha...

Had our bfast and we headed back to our room to get ready to check out.. haha... how sad, we weren't able to check out late =P if not we might go for another swim again.. haha..

view from our building's corridor =)

We checked out soon after (leaving our bags at the counter =P), and started loitering ard again.. haha..

I sneaked into one of the ground floor sea facing terraces' balcony and made myself comfortable.. HAHA.. not sure if there were anyone inside the room, but well, I did it quietly and sneakily...

Then, we proceeded to the beach! =) hahaha... We didnt really venture much around the beach the day before, and decided to hit the waters (well, not literally) before we depart...

Wow~ The stretch of beach is never-ending.. haha.. the sand is extremely soft and white too =) imagine gold coast? haha.. about there...

We spotted some really nicely built sandcastles by the corner.. haha.. think someone could have built it in the morning as there was a thunderstorm the night before, it would be quite impossible to build anything in that kind of weather.. haha..

flap my arms... hahaha.. I own the beach.. "welcome my friends" (like the carlsberg advertisement).. HAHA =P

He was happily kicking the waves.. haha.. like some MTV... reminds me of the project video that we and other gp mates made when we were in uni.. HAHA! Time flies...

Nice weather, beautiful beach, soft sand.. perfect!

we spotted hermit crabs too! I was surprised to know that all the shells found on the beach had little hermit crabs in them... hahahha.. how cute!

Me with the little shell.. with the little hermit crab inside.. *say hello*.. haha!

We found a baybed to rest on the beach, and also coz Mr Koh's bag strap tore.. haha.. time to get a new bag lo~

Drew on the sand.. hahaha.. to remember his birthday spent at bintan.. haha...

3,2,1 smile.... hahaha.. with our masterpiece.. =)

We left the beach and went back to the recreation centre for some light activities in the afternoon...

Introducing the pool king and queen... HAHA! =P I have to admit, I'm loving this game man! haha.. I'm afterall an ah lian (at heart)~ hee... 

We finished the game and went for a nice lunch by the poolside before we head back to the resort lobby to catch the shuttle bus that will bring us back to the ferry terminal..

We ordered the very refreshing passionfruit smoothie~ and it was nice to dine by the poolside, such a nice view.. such a laidback experience.. I like!

Our lunch! I ordered chicken kebabs and he ordered a hotdog bun... haha.. yums!

We finished our meal and took our time to stroll around the resort for one last time before we bid goodbye... *sobz*

While waiting for the shuttle bus, we were informed by the resort staff that we are entitled to this resort customers' privilege card that entitles us to redeem discounts at participating restaurants and cafes (that includes the atas '3 degree' restaurant we patronised the night before.. so late then tell us =P).. haha!

But nevertheless, we were still able to enjoy some last minute privileges... which is~

Yes! Ice cream........... woohoo! It came just in time as we had wanted to spend our shillings on ice cream before we leave too... haha.. now we get free ice cream!

A 'birthday treat' from the resort to the birthday boy.. haha!

Yummy~ I added so much rainbow toppings... =)

With that, we hopped onto the shuttle bus with our ice cream, slowly savouring it on our way to the ferry terminal... Bye bye Bintan Lagoon Resort~ it's amazing that we didnt leave the resort during our 2 days there... haha..

Last picture at bintan.. with the little shell that I picked on the beach earlier that day... I'd wanted to bring some hermit crabs back.. haha.. but didn't know how to contain them.. =P

In our cosy ferry... which we felt asleep soundly in, during our journey back.. we were both tired.. HAHA! I remembered that the ferry was rocking left and right, up and down on the sea coz the weather was pretty bad.. there was a thunderstorm again I think.. but we were both undisturbed by the rocking.. haha!

After an hour or so... we finally arrived back in Singapore~ =) It was a relaxing and short getaway to bintan.. but I conclude, batam is better than bintan.. HAHA.. coz things are cheaper and there are more things to do.. or maybe we havent explore bintan well enough..

Nevertheless.... we're both bintan-fied after the trip.. and found exorbitant food charges in Singapore normal?.. haha.. just kidding..

Anyway, though Mr Koh's birthday had already passed... I still want to wish him (and I know you are reading this.. haha!): Happy Birthday my dear~

I hope you enjoyed the getaway as much as I did! =)

No comments: