Monday, May 30, 2011

Before May ends...

As the month of May comes to a close, it's a gentle reminder to me that we've almost reached mid year... Another month of events amidst the usual procrastination, hesitation, etc.. haha..

Congrats to friends who have entered quarter-life crisis =P and friends who have long passed that phase.. haha.. I'm not gloating, as it'll be my turn soon..  I seek solace in knowing that I have friends not knowing what they want in life even as they approach 30.. HAHA! so I have an excuse for my bewilderment while I wander around..

Ok, this month... We visited the Mint Toy Museum =) Much talked about, always wanted to visit, and we finally did..
  
Mr Koh with the toys~

Bear bear with eyebrows!

I was a convent girl once =) Simple in virture, steadfast in duty..

Can you spot the tube of Darlie toothpaste amongst the darkie items? Darlie used to be called Darkie =)

Me with the toys~

Attraction checked!

I think my parents might be able to relate to the vintage toys better? I could only vaguely remember some of them.. haha.. but it's a nice short tour around the premises.. entrance tickets are not cheap though, but worth a visit =)

------

A nice cup of cappuccino brightened up my day immediately..

-----

It was International Museum Day last Sunday~ and we visited the Coins and Notes Museum, which is nicely hidden along the stretch of shop houses at Chinatown.. it was so well camouflaged that I almost wanted to ask for directions.. like a suagu tourist..

Banana Notes, used during the Japanese occupation days..

Posing with a gigantic stone... which was used as a coin in the olden days.. Not sure how much it's worth though.. haha..

-----
Food glorious food...........


Yummy Shabu Shabu buffet!! I was very well fed that day.. haha~ I could have eaten more.. I wanted to, but age has slowly caught up and I realised I'm no longer 15 =P

When I was 15, I had this!
The traditional cake slices that I love since young~ I'm delighted that they are still around~ Can't seem to find them easily nowadays, since the emergence of modern cafes and classy bakeries..
Simple pleasures in life.. Not fancyful, not pricey, but loads of joy =)   

On the pricier end.....
This is just as yummy.. haha =P

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow youre so cute standing next to those toys!