Monday, September 12, 2011

Happy mooncake festival!

It's mooncake festival today! As i affectionately call it.. Haha.. coz i can't relate to 'mid autumn festival', especially in sunny Singapore, with summer all year round.. Haha! What autumn? =p

Spent most of the day hard at work.. But as I walked home, seeing big smiles and jubilant kids strolling about the neighbourhood with colourful lanterns in hand reminds me of my younger days =)

I grew up with paper lanterns and enjoyed lighting the colourful candles, feeling the heat emitted from the opening as I happily carried it around the neighbourhood with mummy by my side during mooncake festival =) haha! Occasionally burning my lantern unintentionally.. Playing with unused candles at the playground, making melted wax stains on the ground =p yes, i contributed to the 'graffiti'.. those were the days~~ hee..

I hope kids now enjoy it as much as I did then.. Sadly I hardly see them carrying the traditional paper lanterns now~ =p I hope the paper lanterns continue to stay.. Where's the joy in battery operated ones? Haha.. I'll buy paper ones for my kids next time =p so that I can join in the fun!

A trivial joke: I told mummy excitedly that I saw kids walking around with lanterns earlier.. And she asked me "so do you want carry lanterns too, I can accompany you" hahaha..

The night was spent eating mooncakes bought by Mr Koh, with my family while sipping hot chinese tea.. Too bad the moon was hiding somewhere =p must be skiving.. Haha!

So how did you spend your mooncake festival?

No comments: