Monday, February 27, 2012

Touched by a kind soul~

This post is dedicated to a lady whom has touched my heart in a very simple way =)

There is a lady whom my parents and I know working at the Sheng Shiong desserts stall opposite my place, by the name of 'ah keow'.. A very simple and amiable lady, with a big heart of gold~

I know little about her actually, I only know that she's in her late 30's or early 40's, came from M'sia, but has been working in Singapore for quite a number of years already~ heard she's currently living in a rented place, and her family is back in M'sia.. All these I know through my parents, I hardly had the chance to chat up with her.. The only time we would interact was when I pop over to Sheng Shiong to buy desserts.. Haha! She knows and recognises me (even when i'm alone) coz I would sometimes appear at the stall with my parents =)

So earlier today, I went to buy desserts again.. Ah keow greeted me with a big smile and asked about my mum.. Haha! Not knowing how much money I have in my wallet, I happily placed my orders.. And was extremely embarrassed when I realised I didn't had enough money to pay!

Without thinking, ah keow took out 10 bucks from her pocket and told me to take it first.. I told her I can reduce my orders, but she repeatedly asked me to keep the money, and asked me to return her the next time I see her, or my parents could return her next time on my behalf too..

I was seriously very touched.. Touched that someone I barely know, can so trusting and willing offer to lend me 10 bucks.. Not worrying if I'll remember to return her next time, she offered without hesitation.. She is a stall assistant, earning enough just to get by.. But she readily offers her 10 bucks to me! She's a simple lady with such a big big heart~

I took her money, and paid for my desserts.. Haha! But I ran home immediately, to get more cash, so that I can return her asap.. I'd feel very bad if I ever forget to return her =p

Her kind act reminded me that kind souls do exist.. She left me deeply touched and smiling for the rest of the day =) Truly, we need more human interaction such as these going around!
p.s. I will buy more desserts from her next time.. Hee!

Spread the care and concern to all around you! You never know whose day you are going to make!

Let's touch more hearts and make the world a more beautiful place to live in~

No comments: