Saturday, July 13, 2013

I finally did it!

In life, there are many first times.. And this particular 'first time' is what I'm immensely proud of!!

I finally drove my daddy's car out alone (with mum) coz I fetched mummy to work.. And drove it nicely back home! =)

Not that I haven't been driving around in dad's car, but this was the first time I had to drive out and back home alone, with no GPS, or daddy guiding, etc.. With a little courage and memory of familiar roads after being driven around since young.. Haha! I've always been afraid to drive the car alone coz if anything were to happen on the roads (you know how impatient Singaporean drivers are), I would have felt super helpless =p and coz it's daddy's car, I would feel doubly bad!

So today, knowing that dad was out and mum had to rush and take bus to work (even though the car is idling in the car park), I felt ashamed that me, being her daughter with a license, can't pamper my mummy and drive her to work.. haha.. So I plucked up courage and banished those evil thoughts that will make me seem like a weakling! I paid $2.5k to earn that prized license, manual one some more, I'd better put it to good use.. Haha!

And yes I did it!

It felt good, being in control, independent.. Sending dearest mummy to work, so she don't have to rush and squeeze in the bus.. I'm a filial daughter *beams*

Alone in the car, I drove myself leisurely home.. It might seem trivial and laughable to the skilled drivers out there, that I'm boasting about such a small achievement =p

But yes, it's a huge morale booster for me! =)

Me and the car! =)

Good job to myself! Haha.. I've reached another milestone in life~ *pat on my back*

 

No comments: