Saturday, August 24, 2013

Singapore's 48th birthday

Still within the birthday month.. Haha.. Though a little backdated~ we celebrated Singapore's birthday in the usual fashion as we normally would.. That is to walk around marina area, eat, and watch the fireworks! =)

Chilling over a nice cuppa
Happy birthday my dear Singapore!

Seems like a long time since I last caught the parade on TV.. Haha

Nevertheless the national day long long weekend was awesome! Event filled.. Haha.. Had a 'sports day cum running man' with COKTY+, great feasting, and of course fetched my dear sisi back from the airport! She's finally back after 6 weeks of fun in Seoul =p

I shall end this post with a painting of Mr. Lee Kuan Yew, that caught my eye as we were strolling along millennia walk on National Day.. How apt! The colours used were strong, and at the same time haunting.. I will not try to interpret the message that the painter wanted to bring across here =p But it definitely left a lasting impression..

Along with his portrait was a string of words, which was pretty self explanatory for people who witnessed how Singapore grew and became who she is today.. All I can say is, things would have been very different now without Mr. Lee..

Happy National Day! =)

 

 

No comments: