Monday, March 29, 2010

My trip to Sydney...

My work trip to Sydney has officially ended and though tiring, it was quite an experience I would say.. As timid as I might sound, it was quite horrifying staying in a huge hotel room alone.. *kill me*

blame it on the numerous horror flicks which I’ve accumulated in my memory so far.. haha.. the 3 lonely nights in the hotel room were torturing!

haha.. but nevertheless, we had one full day of sight seeing during the trip as we reached on early Sunday morning.. Though exhausted from the flight (plus the fact that I slept barely 2 hrs in the plane coz the in-flight movies were simply too enjoyable).. We explored a good part of Sydney (the must go attractions) during that day..

The rest of the afternoons were spent mostly on work which leaves us the night to relax.. but then again, by evening, most of the shops would have closed for the day.. haha.. but thank goodness we had ‘COLES’ which was open for 24 hrs.. their local supermarket.. Super cheap chocs i got!

Enough of narrating, I shall let the selected pictures do the talking…



The dearest people in my life sending me off… we were at Terminal 3~ and I was in specs coz it was a midnight flight.. haha..

Reached Sydney at around noon… Weather was fine and hot! haha..

This is the view from the balcony.. Super old english feel right? haha.. there’s this monorail track just right outside my room.. Though noisy when the monorail passes by, they help me sleep well through the nights.. =P

My humougous bed! and the huge toilet hidden from view.. There’s a little kitchen and work/study area as well..
After settling down, we were off for our tour around the city..

Posing outside Paddy’s Market (famous for all the souvenirs and factory outlets).. haha..

We took a train and alighted at Circular Quay Station (where the harbour bridge and opera house is just a stone’s throw away)

A must-take attraction.. haha.. to prove that I’ve been to Sydney… 100% authentic.. =)

waterfront dining.. lovely~ Love those english castle lookalike buildings…

Rocks Market! A weekend market which sells mostly handicrafts and heritage products..

This was where we settled lunch… Love the back alley feel~ Plus the weather was cool~ 23 degrees or so I think..

With the harbour bridge in the background..

Wanting to catch more sights and sounds of Sydney, we decided to forgo the return train ticket which we bought earlier, and trusted our navigation skills (applause for us girls)… we walked back to our hotel.. A decision we never regret! =)

We walked for almost 2 hours back to our hotel and passed by many picturesque buildings along the way…

St Mary’s Cathedral if I’m not wrong =)


Happened to be St Patrick’s day celebration that day.. haha.. huge crowds gathered at a field patch for a mini concert + drinking session I think…

Liverpool street.. home for 3 nights!

We met up with Geraldine, our former intern.. who went back for studies at UNSW, Sydney… haha.. Love the babe! She brought us around Darling Harbour (5 mins walk from our hotel) for dinner during one of the nights..

My partner for 4 days.. hahaha..

My last purchase before I depart… hee!


Bye bye Sydney~ Singapore here I come! =)

Here’s part of my loot from Sydney.. haha! I can open a mama shop liao… =P
*Yummy*

That concludes my work trip at Sydney~ Though the nights were terrifying, the trip was pretty enriching and enjoyable =) *pat on my back*

Haha... Not sure if I'll ever visit Sydney in future.. But at least I've taken some pictures for remembrance sake.. hee!

No comments: