Sunday, June 6, 2010

Re-visit Haw Par Villa~

Mr Koh and I visited Haw Par Villa on Vesak day =) As it had been ages since he last stepped foot in the colourful villa, we decided to make a trip down to the south-western coast of Singapore.. and spent our Vesak Day afternoon there..

My last time there was not too long ago, and had gone there with my family during our Sunday brunches =)

Welcome~ I see that the park has been well maintained as I spotted a fresh coat of paint at the entrace - rocks area. I remembered they looked a little dull the last time I came.. haha.. 


Mr Koh with Zhu Da-ge.. hahaha...

Beautiful and colourful pavilion amidst the murky pond.. I was quite worried that the stagnant water all around will breed the little mossies, as I got a trillion sandfly bites the week before at Changi beach.. They were so itchy and left such ugly marks on my feet.. boohoo!

Fighting the heat, humidity and occassional mossie bites.. haha.. we walked around the park to admire the sculptures and statues, and all the colourful stories the park had to offer..

This is Tang Sang Zang resisting the temptations of the evil spirits...

This is the legendary Hua Guo Shan.. haha.. Looking at these sculptures and figures, I can only imagine how much effort had gone into making all these possible.. all by hand~

How can we forget the Monkey God! haha..

Posing with the figures~ =) Every section has a story board which basically explains the Chinese folklore stories and values the founders wishes to convey to all visitors..

We went to another part of the park which houses some of the newly painted sculptures.. I say this coz I remembered not too long ago when I last came, the colours of these figures weren't as fresh and vivid.. In fact, it looks so much better now.. As though the figures came alive and have a life of their own.. haha...

I cannot say this enough.. I applaud the skills and devotion of the painters/sculptors.. Painting and scuplting a decent looking figure is not easy, let alone such an excellent work.. I'm amazed by how every expression and emotion can be so clearly brought out by their talented hands.. haha..

This is cute! haha.. But I've got no idea who he/it is.. No idea if this is a good/bad guy too.. =P

However, this sculpture gives me the creeps... Perhaps coz it's too skillfully painted and sculpted, and somehow I could feel the sadness in this figure....... and it haunts me.. I'd better not look at it for too long.. in case I get nightmares *shivers* But it's a nice sculpture I must say...

Mr Koh took a picture with the naked mermaids before we scramble out of the park as we heard some thunders and the skies were slowly turning dark... =P haha.. look how blissful he looked...

while I had my private moment with Mr/Miss? Crab.......... I'm craving for some pincers.. haha.. GONG! *yummy*

We trotted off to Kent Ridge Park after that.. and had a nice stroll to the Hort Park - which was linked =)

One of the birds we spotted at the park

Hahaha.. fooling ard~ with the flowers and scenic backdrop...

What an enriching and healthy vesak day! =)








No comments: