Monday, March 18, 2013

Korea fantasy! (And abit of Hong Kong)

Finally, I travelled to Korea and back!!

Been wanting to visit Korea for quite some time and finally I had the chance.. A very impromptu and last minute decision to travel during the end of their winter, with less than a month to prepare all the necessary winter clothings and essentials.. Haha.. Wouldn't be possible if we hadn't booked a tour package, so we were spared the planning and research~ I guess if you are willing to pay, anything is possible.. Haha! =)

My last trip was in Dec to Taipei with my family, and I'm glad my bosses were ok to let me take another week long break in Feb for this trip =p

Nevertheless, I casted work aside and travelled to the land of Kimchi! Honestly I didn't really feel very excited on the day we were supposed to depart (perhaps due to the rush and some urgent work stuff prior the trip), until I boarded the plane, and reality set in.. Hahaha.. Delayed anticipation and excitement, but better late than never!~

So we jetted off, in Cathay to HK, then to Incheon, then jeju.. Haha! In summary we took 6 flights in our 9-day trip (7 days Korea, 2 days HK) =p it's as if we were taking trains and buses.. Haha.. What's more, there's in flight entertainment and food!!! =) gone were the days where we had to buy a loaf of bread to bring up the budget plane just in case we're hungry, or fill up a bottle of water at the waiting gate coz beverages on board were too expensive.. Haha.. Shiok!!

There's nothing I would complain about the trip except for the rush and tight schedule, but I expected it.. Haha.. There are always trade offs~ in short, it was a very enjoyable trip, with a wonderful weather... My body can't really take extreme temperatures well, so falling sick was expected =p but who cares when I'm on a trip.. Carry on! Haha..

Here are some of my favourite pictures from my phone =)

Jetting off!

 

Sunrise peak at Jeju!
 
So windy.. View is so nice!!
Teddy bear museum!
Famous princess hour's bears!
Chairlift at Everland!
Beautiful Everland!
In traditional Hanbok costume =)
At the top of mount sorak
Snow behind me... Snow everywhere!!
Cold but I love it!
Having fun at Ocean Park Hong Kong!

Things I love about my Korea trip..

1) Beautiful and breath-taking scenery at Jeju, Seoul as well.. So much greens, rock formations, waterfalls, mountains..very pretty!

2) I still love kimchi very much even though we had it during almost every meal.. I made kimchi too!

3) I skied for the first time! First time being surrounded by so much snow!! Made our first snowmen..

4) The chilly weather, that made me sick.. But still very happy.. Hahaha.. I love cold cold countries!

5) I visited teddy bear museum (such a happy place) bought a lovely stuffed bear which sleeps with me every night! =)

6) Went to a theme park that's so colourful, pretty, sat on a chairlift and enjoyed the chilly winds that brushed against my face =p we did sleigh rides down the snow slopes!!

7) Wore Hanbok and tried posing like traditional Koreans..

8) Climbed to the peak (almost) of mt sorak and took so many pictures of the magnificent view

9) Rented swimming costume at a Sea Lala (their water spa and theme park) and played with water during a holiday trip =p we were very unprepared.. Haha

10) Being overwhelmed by countless blocks of shopping malls at dong dae mun, myeong dong and nam dae mun.. Facial products were cheap and good!! Happy~~

11) Suppering every night even though we were tired.. Not bothered by the calories piled too.. Haha

12) Took so many, like 2000+ combined pictures during this trip, just to remember the wonderful times and memories!

13) There are just too many things I love and enjoyed during the short 7 days in Korea! I am still missing korea =p But thankfully I had the best company I could ever ask for~ =)

Unforgettable and memorable time at Korea!!

 

No comments: