Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Never really had the tradition to celebrate halloween or attended any halloween parties for the past 23 years.. haha! Yes, I'm very suagu... so to me, halloween to me is like any other day... where in my faintest memory, I recall catching some ang moh 'trick or treat' related movies which I've caught on tv long long ago.. haha.. so to me, halloween is a day for western kids, where ppl will dress up like ghosts and witches, and go around knocking on ppl's doors, asking for tricks or treat =P That's abt it...

So this year, it was a little different, I didnt dress up... =P but went to the Asian Civilisation Museum (ACM) instead! hahaha... I've never visited ACM before, and since they allow ppl to go in for free that day.. So we thought, why not? It sounded interesting and cool.. haha! =) A great way to spend the Saturday night! haha..

And and.. they give out free bacardi drinks to visitors! while stocks last.. *alcoholic in me sneaking out again* HAHA!

We were greeted by hordes of ppl~ colourfully clad in various halloween themed costumes.. haha.. and the place was decorated with loads of cobwebs, pumpkins, etc.. ACM looked vv black and orange that night.. hee!



Behind me are throngs of people queueing up to don costumes and take a picture for rememberance sake.. haha.. Cool~ I wanted to, but queue was too long.. haha.. I need alcohol~ =P


This is Mr Koh.. haha.. with alot of ppl cluttered in the background.. It was a heart-warming sight.. families coming with kids enjoying a night out while having fun.. Some parents even dressed up as witches to accompany their kids.. haha!


I spotted this on the stairway~ haha.. A big funny balloon black spider, and a bloody rubber disjointed foetus.. haha.. Alot of cotton wool wasted =P

We carried on with the search for the stickers to get free drinks heritage / educational tour around ACM...


It was dark and crowded.. haha.. but colourful and interesting.. =)

And yes~ we found the stickers.. We were initially informed that the stickers have been fully distributed, but then... lady luck was smiling at us that night, the facilitator came forward to us (I think she remembered us asking for them), and said she found some extra stickers..

YEAH! we dashed to ground level again.. to exchange for the drinks.. haha... one drink per sticker per visitor =P Better than nothing...


*cheers*

After the drink, we went up again to catch some dance performance.. Which was very abstract.. Makes me wonder why can't they dance and have a narrator telling the story.. how do you expect the kids to understand when I can't even make out what they are trying to mean... haha! But well, that's art.........

What's halloween without taking some pics with hideous characters.. haha.. I think this 'creature' is quite disgusting.. so I asked for a picture.. haha.. =)


*eeeeeeeeeeeee*... haha! But i like his orange uniform.. looks like he got it from beach road market.. haha!

Performance ended shortly, and we proceeded with the educational tour again... It was really enriching, surprisingly.. maybe coz I was a history student, I'm surprised I didnt fall asleep while reading and looking at historic artifacts =P I'm well trained to have an inquisitive mind... HAHA!


"oh I see........"




Time to take a break after all the walking and reading.. haha...

We loitered around till midnight and it was time to head home~ We strolled to fullerton where I've parked my lambo........ *beep beep*


Time to vroom vroom home! =) Buenas Noches~

No comments: