Monday, November 16, 2009

My trip to the Science Centre - Body Worlds~

Went to the Science Centre last Sunday for the Body Worlds exhibition... Rem I've been to the previous one too.. But that was a few years ago.. haha! We decided to head to the Science Centre for the exhibition this year, thinking that the tix should be relatively affordable.. haha.. But later realised it cost 20 bucks to get in.. We went in anyways, since we travelled so far to the west =)


Me with the tickets.. haha.. we paid an extra 1 buck to gain entrance to the other parts of Science Centre.. We should have come earlier, there's so much to explore in the Science Centre~
No photography was allowed in the exhibition premise, so therefore, I don't any pictures of the exhibits.. But but, it was definitely an eye opener.. The human body is amazing~ From conception to death, the body goes through alot of changes at every stage in life..

There's alot to read, alot to understand, but one interesting fact which I remembered from the exhibition was that, life span is normally proportionate to body size... That explains why rodents, ants, cockroaches and other smaller animals die faster.. Whereas huge ones like elephants, whales and all live for much longer.. And humans, don't exactly follow this trend~ We manage to 'outlive' our 'expected livespan' if we were to calculate according to the 'trend'... haha.. how cool is that?

Haha! Maybe coz I've never taken Biology before, therefore, everything was pretty new and foreign to me.. it was an interesting exhibition!.. ok, enough of reflections.. back to the 'tour'............ =)

We made sure we read every board and scrutinised every exhibit to make our money's worth.. haha.. and left the exhibition hall few hrs later =P

We proceeded to other parts of the Science Centre... =)


There was the electric chair.. You can pay to get a shock =P


Went to the Antartica/Artic (I'm not sure where.. haha.. But I was at some section describing life at some cold cold place) with some hunks =P hahaha...


And I entered a small enclosed space to experience the greenhouse effect.. I don't feel any difference, just that it's a lil warmer and the small space reeks of some decomposing organisms.. hahha.. I don't know where it came from (there was nothing inside really) =P


Played with the exhibits like some primary school kids.. haha.. The place looks pretty much the same... nothing much has changed since my last excursion trip to the Science Centre in Primary School...

We made our way to another section.. I think it's the germs and bacteria section =P


So cute! Such a cute wallpaper... Will be so suitable as wallpaper for kindergartens or play schools.. Kids will love it.. I love it so much.. I think the kids will definitely do =) HAHA!


I made him draw the curtains to let sunlight in =P hahhaa...


And I hid under a mouth infected with virus.. haha.. maybe that explains why I was sick days later.. =P
Well done mouth~ hahaha...


I waited for a bus...


And the sars bus came.. Look who's driving the bus~ =P


Time for some manhunt show............ *drumroll*





I think I look better in it... hahhahaha~ =)

No comments: