Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My birthday celebration at Universal Studios! (Part 2)

As continued from the adventures at USS - Part 1 =)

We slowly exited the Sci-Fi city and entered the beautiful streets of New York... (song ringing in my head: "in new york, concrete jungle where dreams are made of... there's nothing you can't do...) =P haha..

All I did was 'wow wow and more wows'........ enthralled by what's before my eyes.. I felt like I'm in some Ang Moh country... HAHA! It felt completely out-of-Singapore!

I think most of the pictures in my camera contained pictures that were taken at 'New York'.. haha.. the shop fronts (just the facades) were soooo cute, and english or should I say American (since it's called New York).. I love every shop... I wished I lived just above the shops....... hee...

Hailing a yellow cab~ =)

Posing in front of a theatre... can you see the yellow cab peeping from the side? haha.. Ppl were just furiously snapping away.. adults, kids, grandparents.. they all love this place.. haha.. although there were so many pictures that we wanted to take, we had to succumb to the evil rumblings of our tummies... hee!

It's lunch time!! =) *so hungry that I can eat him up*... haha..

Without further ado, we headed straight inside the restaurant and made our orders...... and chose outside seating instead coz the al fresco dining was too tempting.. Made us feel like we were in New York... =) cheap thrill!

our pizza and spaghetti... hidden from view... can you spot the yellow cab again? hahaha...

After lunch, it was back to some manual work again~ haha...
For me, it's snapping more pics.. while he drilled more  holes... haha!

How cute!! Where else in Singapore can you find this parking ticket machine? hahaha.. except from my little black box at home?

We continued walking along the streets of New York and chanced upon an old friend.......... Charlie!!
How can we not pose for a pic with the infamous Charlie Chaplin =)

another few steps forward and we saw another close friend of ours... Betty Boop!

What's with the hair Betty? hahaha..

We walked along... and discovered a burst underground pipe... someone call the plumber pls... haha..

Ohhh~ especially cooling on sucha hot day~ hee!

Introducing my fav shop!! The fruit and vegetables store =)...... hahaha.. the fake foodies totally made me happy and light up immediately.. I can almost imagine me doing grocery shopping at this shop everyday if this is real and I live along the street.. HAHA... so cute....

Decided to avoid the main New York street and ventured into the small hidden lanes... Indeed, we discovered a lovely and tranquil backlane...... with other smaller shops and houses.. =) Walking through the lanes felt so surreal.. almost dreamlike! haha.. never would I imagine myself strolling along such lanes.. perhaps in future? =P

So much so that I started posing silly with a lampost which was ridiculously thick.. haha =P I don't want to leave this place~

While Mr Koh had to pose with his yatch at the Wharf~ haha..

Reluctant, we left New York and headed to 'Hollywood'.. to find Frankenstein's Monster~
How dare you strangle Mr Koh! hands off you dirty monster.. haha..

With that, we pretty much covered the whole USS... and of coz covering USS once meant nothing.. we had to make our money's and memories' worth... we went another round again.. to catch the attraction rides that we had earlier missed.. HAHA!

Took a picture with Marty, Alex, Gloria and Melman!

We even went to enjoy a simple carousel ride with the lovely animals from Madagascar.. My personal favourite would definitely be~ Marty! =)

just like a kid... 20 yrs back.. haha..

We walked to Far Far Away land again........ and decided to spend the vouchers given to us.. it's free btw.. it comes along with the entrance tix bought.. we were each given $5 food voucher and $5 retail voucher..
we bought a humungous roasted turkey leg!!.. don't be deceived by the picture.. it's enormous, the length is about the distance from my wrist to my elbow.. go imagine that! hahaha.. of coz, it's proportionate to price.. this leg along with a pack of chips and a large drink costs $12.80 or so...

See Gingy in the picture too? =) I love gingy~ secretly find them very adorable... hahaha...

After filling our stomachs with the leg, we walked along to Sci Fi City again... and took a picture with I don't know who.. haha..
Sure looks like something Lady Gaga would wear... haha...

Walked past the streets of New York and stopped at this shop selling hats and accessories.. 
Yes, this huge hat makes my head looks small... for once =P

And this small hat made Mr Koh's head look even smaller.. hahahaha..

How relaxed~

Skies grew darker... and my heart became sullen.. knowing that night is nearing =p meaning it's time to go home soon.... =(

The castle looks exceptionally beautiful at night too... with the changing lights around the castle =)

Soon, it was time for dinner.... sadly we were only left with this fast food joint as the other restaurants were located at sections that were cordoned off after 7pm =P boohoo~ hence, this fast food joint became the only haunt to find food... haha.. and it's crowedd!

Foodie time! =)

We headed out of the restaurant after dinner and quickly settled for a nice spot near the central 'lake' area... to wait for the fireworks display =)

Who hates fireworks? hahaha...

Haha.. beautiful display of sparks and lights~ =) to celebrate my birthday!! hee...

Not willing to leave USS though crowds were slowly dispersing and leaving, we walked through each and every souvenir shop in USS.. haha.. shopping around like tourists =)

Fooling around again.. haha..

Betty Boop-head me! =)

I really didn't want to leave =P haha.. like a spoilt little brat.. I dragged Mr Koh back to the streets of New York with me... just to enjoy the final moments in USS... as the closing time was near =P haha!

For more pictures with Gingy and a lollipop! =)

Finally, sadly, reluctantly and wearily............... we surrendered and were one of the last few to leave USS... haha! time check.. we spent a good 13 hrs inside.. how amazing.. not sure how we did that, but I guess... it still wasn't enough for us... =P

Thank you Mr Koh for celebrating my birthday with me at USS... It really felt like going overseas and I became a young girl all over again =) hee! (though I am still quite young =P)

Totally enjoyed ourselves that day.. and glad that we took more than 900+ photos.. haha!

Till we meet again.. Bye bye USS! *waves*

No comments: