Sunday, November 18, 2012

His 28th Birthday!

We took the day off to celebrate his birthday together =)

It was a full day event, for which I had a tough time deciding what we should do in the day.. Haha! I planned the day's programme in a reverse manner, knowing where I want to bring him to at night, but pretty clueless on what we should do in the day =p

I had planned for a nice dinner, just to pamper ourselves (especially him as it's his special day).. As for the afternoon's plan, I gave the birthday boy a few options to choose from, ranging from pampering treats, relaxing to adventurous activities..

He chose the adventurous option: kusu island exploration! =p
Haha.. Definitely a super awkward pairing with the dinner that I planned for at night, which he of coz had no idea of =p

But, we went ahead with the plan! Haha.. We woke up bright and early for macs breakfast before heading to the marina south pier~ the ferry ride was pretty short and we reached the land of turtles in approx 30 mins =)

The weather was perfect (very thankful) for trigger happy folks like us! The island is small, but very well maintained~ the lagoon is clean and blue, air is fresh.. We spent a few hrs there snapping pretty pictures, strolling around the souvenir stalls, visiting the temples on the island, feeding the turtles and enjoying a simple picnic I prepared by the beautiful lagoon =)

We returned back to Singapore main island and visited the maritime gallery (which was at the pier itself) set up by MPA.. Where we spent most of our time piecing Lego bricks together at the kids play area, instead of reading the educational boards and posters.. Haha!

We headed over to MBS for a short stroll before dinner~ we passed by Epi centre and the birthday boy bought himself an ipad4! Haha.. He was thrilled with his new toy =)

Armed with his new toy, we went up 57 levels above ground, to Ku De Ta restaurant at MBS skydeck~ we used to gaze up from the grounds below and now we finally had the chance to look down from the top =)

We've been to Baiyoke sky hotel at Bangkok, Victoria peak at Hong kong, one altitude at OUB centre (Singapore), but the view from MBS skydeck is my favourite so far.. Maybe because I recognise everything and building I see, and I'm proud my country has a beautiful skyline too!

Dinner at Ku De Ta was decent and there was a complimentary birthday cake for him too~ =) the rest of the night was spent on the sky deck, taking and breathing in the beautiful sight!

Happy birthday my dear! I hope you enjoyed the day, as much as I did *hugs*

No comments: