Thursday, April 4, 2013

My latest love!

My latest love is not something pretty, stylish or something most girls (or people) will desire... But I finally got my hands (and legs too =p) on the Vibram five fingers!

Simply put, it's like a pair of toe socks, just that it's made into a pair of wearable shoes.. I'm not an expert in running or barefoot running, but after hearing and reading much about those shoes, and how it's supposed to encourage one to land on the front or middle foot when running, i'm pretty tempted.. Also, it claims to be a natural alternative and replicate being barefoot =)

Sounds sexy and interesting enough for me, and I really can't wait to own a pair! Haha.. After running in cushioned shoes for years, I jump at the thought of being able to experience another form of running/walking..

Finally, on one fateful weekend, I purchased the most expensive pair of shoes that I've ever owned in my life... Introducing Vibram five fingers - SeeYa..

This model is good for road or pavement running
Very happy!

My kind of sleek and sexy! =) and I honestly think they look pretty cute~ haha..

Can't wait to bring them out for a nice walk!

Mr Koh bought himself a pair too, the next day.. Haha.. His is a pair of KSO (keep stuff out)..

And off to Mac Ritchie we went! To bring our five fingers out for a little walk~~

 

All ready to sweat it out!
Along the scenic boardwalk..
So cute!! They look like socks =p
I was very careful with them, coz I didn't want to dirty them on their first day-out.. Haha

His' looks like a pair of normal shoes..
Lovely weather.. But it was pretty humid..
It was not long before it started to rain cats and dogs... But it was a blessing in disguise, as we were not far from a pavilion to take shelter from the sudden heavy downpour.. We waited for an hour or so, before the skies cleared again~

This time, we decided that it's pretty impossible to keep our five fingers clean and dry anymore.. Coz everywhere would be wet and muddy.. So sad =p

It actually felt good prancing around, without a care =p jumping into puddles go muddy water, messy grounds.. Basically, there's no point in worrying anymore coz the five fingers will get dirty and wet anyway.. I actually felt sad coz I had to dirty them on their first day-out =( but wells, they washable, so I can still give them a good wash when I get home..

Soaked, but surprisingly liberating!
Yay!!
My five fingers passed the ultimate commando test, and survived the challenging hike.. It went through dry and wet grounds, slopes and uneven pebbled tracks.. Good job!
My review on them so far: I'm not an expert, so don't quote me.. haha.. but it felt great! I've never felt so close to the ground before, and having such a strong grip on the stones on the slopes (as compared to wearing normal shoes).. Tried slow running in them for a short while, and felt my calves putting in a little more effort than usual.. But as I'm new to them, I didn't run for long as it's advisable not to run in them before proper conditioning.. I'll bring them for a proper run soon!
Loving my new shoes now, and I can't wait to wear them out again! =)

 

No comments: