Monday, June 3, 2013

Aijia's big day!

Another of my good friend's wedding~ and my second time being a 'jie mei' =)

Weddings are happy affairs, but tiring too.. I see brides and grooms spending months preparing for their wedding, photoshoot, planning, sourcing for a venue, losing sleep over it, constantly worrying about what could go wrong on the actual wedding day, sometimes even end up quarreling with each other while planning... So much work for that one day~ if it's not for the conviction and love for each other, I don't know what can motivate both, compromising and putting in so much effort to make it happen..

The jie meis woke up early that day, and I understand that most of us had only less than 4 hrs of sleep.. Of course the bride didn't catch a wink at all.. Haha.. She was too excited for her Prince Charming to come pick her up..

Aijia was too excited she couldn't stop talking! Haha
Pretty Aijia all ready for Tze Liang's arrival
I'm really happy for my dear friend! =)

We prepared the gate crashing 'dishes' and patiently waited for the groom and his gang of brothers to arrive.. It wasn't very tough for the brothers, and the games and haggling for more hong baos was of course done in the name of fun.. Making the atmosphere more lively.. After close to 30 mins of gate crashing games, Tze Liang was allowed to meet his bride.. Haha..

The blissful couple..

Then it was some outdoor photoshoot at punggol waterway before heading over to the groom's place for tea ceremony..

Driving off in their beetle~
At the groom's place..

Then back to her house for the tea ceremony to her side's relatives

Aijia in her pretty tea dress..
Aijia and I! =)

Then it was back to my place.. For me to take a short nap before I head over to Conrad hotel.. To prepare, make up, change into something more presentable, rehearse.. Coz I was her wedding's mandarin emcee! Hahaha.. But thanks to Mr Koh who wrote the speech for me, I only need to read the words out =p

Us, posing at the hotel room's huge toilet.. Haha

Soon it was time for a short briefing and rehearsal with the event coordinator, before the solemnisation...

Where they both said 'I do'
With Mr Chua and the girls..

I didn't take a lot of pictures that night coz I was moving about quite abit, and had to standby to emcee at various intervals.. Though it was a long and tiring day, I am happy to share dear Aijia's joy and see her happily married to her beloved~ =)

I'm sure she's in safe hands, and will continue to be doted and loved by Tze Liang.. Witnessing how their relationship grew and blossomed, a very loving and blissful couple indeed.. 很令人羡慕的一对..

Wishing Aijia and Tze Liang a wonderful marriage! Now I'm waiting for their little ones to come along, so that I can play with them =p

No comments: