Sunday, June 30, 2013

Opus Jay Concert 2013!

Long-waited post on my idol's concert.. Hahaha..

After 12 long years of growing up with Jay's songs, KTV-ing his songs, looping his songs in my long-retired creative MP3 during my schooling years... I finally attended my first ever Jay Chou concert! (The F1 concert last year didn't count as it's not exactly his own concert.. Haha) 8th June was a day to remember!

I was very excited! And very looking forward to his concert day.. I kept listening to songs from his new album and some catchy old tunes too, and memorized the lyrics.. So that I could sing along with him that day.. Haha! It's pretty unbelievable that I'm finally going to see my idol up close, serenaded in the house of Jay! Omg omg omg..

My precious tickets! Thank you Felicia who helped me buy the tickets!l

So... We went there early (too early in fact) to check out his concert merchandise.. Haha.. And I bought quite a few collectibles like a key chain figurine, land yard and a light stick! Hahaha.. Happy!! =) wanted to get his cap, but it was sold out! =(

偶像!
Us with 周杰伦! yay.....
Soon.. Skies started to dim a little and my long-awaited concert was finally going to start! Woohoo....

Settled nicely at our seats and waiting for Jay to mesmerize us (or me)! Haha..
We were seated by the side, pretty near the stage, but we were at level 2...

People start to stream in..
Almost time........
A sea of pink~
And finally... The time I've been waiting for.... 周杰伦,周杰伦,周杰伦。。。。。

One of my favourite picture of the night =) 帅!
The moment he came onto stage, my heart stopped for a few seconds.. Overwhelmed with excitement and happiness! It's true, it felt surreal.. No longer am I seeing him on tv, videos, or hearing him on radio.. He was right before my eyes, in the same venue, breathing the same air.. Hahaha.. *fangirl* =) his voice... Omg!

He sang quite a number of songs from his latest album (hence the concert title - Opus), interspersed with a few popular songs from his past albums... Omg... He seriously took me back to my growing up years.. I was lost in the moment, totally mesmerised and felt like i went back in time as I sang along with him..

The first song I heard from Jay chou was '龙卷风'.. I remembered I was sipping my bubble tea at 'quickly' at selegie, while waiting for my tuition to start.. Haha.. The song literally blew me away~ totally in love with his R&B style, the way he reaches high notes effortlessly.. It's just so original, I've never heard anyone who could sing like him.. No fake accents, just his style - shy but packs much musical talent and vocal power..

The past 12 years saw him gradually shooting to fame with albums after albums, hits after hits, diversifying into filming/directing and hosting his own shows.. Has his fair share of praises, along with criticisms (which doesn't bother me at all.. Haha!) he's undeniably talented lah =p

晴天。。
The medley of old hits brought me back to my younger days.. Beautiful memories of those carefree and simple days back then.. 单纯,天真,快乐美好。。真的好怀念。。

The last song saw streamers falling from the ceiling.. Such a pretty sight!
Followed by 3 encore songs.. Haha.. Which was of course not enough for me! =p

Singing his new song - 手语
The concert ended after approximately 2.5 hrs.. Which was too short! =p
Final shot with the stage..
With Mr Koh who accompanied me, and had to endure my non-stop screaming and shouting and shrieking throughout.. Haha.. It's hard to control when I'm meeting my idol.. A big thank you to you, I know it's embarrassing to sit beside an over excited fan =p

And the crowd slowly dispersed...

Pls come back soon Jay! I still want to attend more of your concerts.. And do continue singing, I will bring my kids to your concert next time, and make them like your songs too! Haha.. I grew up with Jay's songs for the past 12 years, let's do another 12 years! =)

 

No comments: