Sunday, July 13, 2008

Southern Ridges...

Saturday’s weather was extremely good.. Very sunny! Perfect for a jungle trail walk/trekking.. HAha.. I packed cans of drinks and packs of lil snacks into my bag.. Slipped on my BKK slippers, I was ready to go.. for another adventure.. This time round, at the Southern Ridges! =)

We took milo out instead coz we had to ride up mount faber, milo jr is too small and weak to ferry us up.. HAha! We *put put* all the way to mid-hill, then left milo there, while we continued the journey to the top..

Wrong decision! HAha.. but nvm.. Tho not fully recovered and fit yet, I still finished the Marang trail (full of steep steps loh) to the top =) I felt breathless and was panting like mad.. HAha.. unglam..

Then, we started our walk past the jewel box, and then some pathways which look very similar to the ones at Mac Ritchie, and finally reached the Henderson Waves.. This 247m long bridge has been in the news recently.. Impressive architecture and design.. =)

So, it was click click time.. HAha! Despite being baked under the blazing sun, we managed to take a few decent pictures.. Thankfully, we crossed the long bridge in about 15 mins.. HAha! I dun want to be tanned k.. hee…

Next up, the forest trail.. A pretty long one.. HAha! It was predictably packed, but there was still ample space for us to stroll and maneuver while enjoying the scenery and fresh air! So very close to nature..

Mosquito bites count: 1 (Not too bad)
Scratches count: 1 (from my slipper, funny leh.. hmm…)

Spotted a spider among the tress… Can u see it? It’s vv big leh! Really.. size of my palm.. It’s yellow and black.. HAha.. And the web it spun was huge…. =P (I think you need to squint, but it's near the top.. Haha!)

Spotted a durian tree too! HAha.. it attracted lots of attention, and ppl started clicking.. as usual.. But I dun wan to be one of them.. hee! I let Mr Koh do the job.. I ‘kop’ his pic can le =)

Then! We finished the forest trail after ard 30 mins.. Then we were led to the Hort Park =) Full of flowers and greens.. Beautiful place.. HAha!

We walked past the greenhouses and I was amazed by the beauty of the flowers! The flowers were healthy and fresh.. so richly colored and it’s natural.. Kept in the most desirable conditions, the plants were able to grow and bloom gorgeously…How nice! I wanna stay inside too… HAha!

After being captivated by the glorious floral and fauna, we made a detour, and went back to the forest trail.. Stomachs began to growl wor =P

Instead of the forest trail, we embarked on the ‘earth trail’.. HAha.. this time, we were really vv close to nature.. No more metal railings and supports, we were ‘down to earth’… HAha! Thankfully, my trusty slippers kept me firmly on ground.. HAha..

Back to Henderson Wave after some walking.. Now, the wave definitely looked nicer.. It was more cooling too.. Without the sun..
View from the bridge

We were lucky enough to catch the NDP planes rehearsing too =) Doing stunts.. Kids and families quickly stopped to stare into the light blue sky.. Lovely! It was indeed beautiful……..

It was a cooling stroll back to milo =) Tired and weary.. We *put put* off in search of our dinner.. HAha! I love the southern ridges.. I want to go back again.. HAha! Next time, to explore the other beautiful trails… *smiles*


No comments: