Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Start of the Tiger Year & Valentine's day =)


How did you celebrate the Chinese New Year?

I ushered the new year with my family.... at home.. HAHA! had wanted to countdown at Chinatown, like how we did last year, but couldnt coz the crowd was simply madness.. haha.. and too many of those I shan't mention.. =P

Continuing from where I left off in my previous post, we went down to Beh Beh yi's place in the evening for reunion dinner =) It was abalone and scallops galore.. haha..

We settled down after dinner and made ourselves comfortable at home.. haha..
Lil Jiaxin did too.. hahaha... on brother's lap.. =P

After the food had been digested, we decided to slowly make our way into the crowded streets of Chinatown to experience what real cny shopping is.. haha.. the view from Beh Beh yi's place is awesome.. haha.. can you see the crowds below?

Hordes of people gathered outside Spring Court, a chinese restaurant for reunion dinner.. haha.. their business was so good that night.. haha..

Me with the background view.. Both familiar and nostalgic.. Afterall, I grew up there.. I pretty much know the way around this place.. and even till now, I am near Chinatown everyday (since my workplace is not too far from there) =) hahahaha...

But the demographics has changed quite abit now.. for reasons I shant explain... =P

Continuing~ We made our way down and elbowed our way into the heart of Chinatown.. or barely there.. haha.. It was already filled to the brim at around 10pm...


People gathered on the roads which were closed that day, and secured good spots to view the performance on the stage.. haha.. one word: Madness~

Before we entered the battlefield, Daddy and Ah Qi posed for a picture with the cherry blossoms tree.. =P

Getting into the heat of action!

Daddy and Mummy spotted some cheap buys... Stall holders are slowly slashing prices already.. haha..

While the folks were shopping, the 3 kids were simply fooling around, taking pictures to mark our presence... haha..


After buying what we wanted to buy, we hurriedly headed for the nearest exit for some badly needed fresh air.. HAHA! it was super humid and stuffy.. I could feel drops of perspiration trickling down my back.. haha.. We needed to replenish the fluids lost and also, to cool down from the heat.. =P

We had desserts at the food centre! =) hahaha..

we headed to the tented area, and decided to avoid the crowds in the lanes... haha.. it would have been more enjoyable if there were lesser people, and lesser people who cannot seem to control their voicebox =P haha...

Nevertheless, the Lim family will still pose for a picture together to commemerate the day =)

Mummy is not looking into the cam =P

And we countdown to CNY in a simple but comfortable fashion at home =) *firecrackers*


Year of the Tiger starts.....

We went to the temple on CNY day 1~ can you see the 'god of fortune' in front of brother? haha... HUAT ARH!

Coincidentally, it was Valentine's Day too! =) and I met Mr Koh in the evening after a whole morning+afternoon of visiting and collecting hong baos.. haha...

We had brewerkz~~~



Not many shops and restaurants were opened for business that day, but thankfully brewerks opened its doors and we had a hearty dinner before we headed over to River hongbao! =)

With my Tiger =) I'm 24 already.... oh dear... but I should be happy now! coz I've not even reached my prime.. hahahaha...

Us with the floating platform...

The tiger mountain! haha... so many tiger 'lanterns'...

And we saw our idol too! *grab the ingots!* hahaha...

"I pray for a bag of money in front of my bed every morning, Thank you!*

Fortune God replied: "Your wish is granted"

I proceeded to the wishing well and tried to hit the bells with my 3 miserable 5 cent coins... To think that I could shoot fairly well during my netball days, I wasted 15 cents that night.. =P

We just can't get enough of God of Fortune! hahaha...

And of course, Happy Valentine's Day to you my Valentine~ =)

Day 2 was my family's turn to host relatives.. and Mummy + Daddy prepared a sumptious spread! haha... Let the pictures tantalise your tastebuds..


There's abalone, alot of seaweed chicken, daddy's signature chicken wings with XO.. haha... mushrooms with lotsa dried scallops.. bak kwa~ and the list goes on! How not to get fat during cny.. haha...

There were more pictures taken during the past few days of cny, but they're just everywhere~ Nevertheless, it was a happy CNY! and as usual, the holidays are never enough............. =(

Here's a rousing good cheer for the prosperous year ahead! May good health, luck and fortune surround everyone....... *新年快乐*


No comments: