Sunday, June 7, 2009

Escape Day!

SNC00123[18]

It was a day of sun and fun over at Downtown East’s Escape Theme Park on Saturday.. The weekend before I started working… =)

After so many years, I finally set foot in Escape again.. haha~ This time round, a little older, with Mr. Koh, Weiting and Huixian… It was NTUC Fairprice Family Day actually and Huixian got free tickets to the event (free entry to Escape and some other freebies).. We reached at around 930am… So early wor!

We barged into the ‘haunted house’ first.. haha.. coz we just had a pretty filling breakfast.. Trying anything else would make us puke =P Mr Koh and I went into the haunted house first, following us were Weiting and Huixian and some other strangers.. I was screaming and hiding all the way.. I must have spoilt all the fun for the ones behind.. Since I screamed all the way (No fun and excitement for them =P)… HAHA!

We went for the Viking Ride next (thinking that the food should have settled nicely into our stomachs) But nope… Though thrilling and I did scream, (HAHA! how hilarious right? WeiShi screaming =P) Mr Koh and I both felt nauseous after the ride.. They call it the morning sickness! HAHA…

Next ride, the flume ride (aka the water-splash-all-over-body-ride)… Hahaha….. Highly anticipated~ haha.. after observing, I realized that the one at the back gets wetter than the one in front, so without hesitation, I volunteered to take the front seat.. (fyi, the boat has 2 seats only, front and back) We are supposed to take this wooden boat which will bring us up a steep slope, before sliding down into the water… Be prepared for a big splash of water after descent =P hahaha.. sounds fun?

 DSC00272

Yeap.. Something like this =)

So we queued for around 20 mins.. before we boarded the boat… yipee!

DSC00265 DSC00271 

Nice group shot! =)

So, what happened after the ride?

Tadah~~

DSC00277   

DSC00274 DSC00273

Dry girls and wet boys! hahaa….. Poor Mr. Koh~ He was soaking wet… Really wet…

Then… we went off to try the ferris wheel…. =) Coz we had nothing else to play.. Go Kart queue was amazingly long.. Aww~ *pouts*

DSC00283

Posing with the ferris wheel capsule =)

DSC00286

The sweet couple in a sweet pink capsule…

We were in a blue capsule… There was no green capsule.. =P

Then, it was indoor games time.. We bought game tickets to play some indoor fun fair games.. prizes are not vv attractive, but I guess it’s the sense of achievement and joy that makes you want to win one of those stuff toys home.. =)

  DSC00279 

We tried our luck at the horse-racing booth.. But missed the prize by just a little.. haha~

Then, we exited Escape and proceeded to the big tent near the main event venue located inside Downtown East (Sheltered Public Area).. There were indoor carnival games as well.. But the prizes were pretty ‘sad’ too… haha.. But it’s ok.. They were practical gifts…

 DSC00299

And a super embarrassing thing happened =P I don’t intend to mention this, but I guess it’s no secret as well.. haha.. HAIZ! There was this emcee on stage who was looking for the tallest girl… and somehow or rather, I was on stage few moments later.. haha…. IT WAS VVVV MALU! I wanted to bang my head against the wall, after knowing that I’m shorter than the other lady on stage (I must admit, she was taller.. maybe 2/3 cm taller).. GOODNESS! It was 5 seconds of malu fame =P

Image093[3]

My Virgin appearance on stage =P *hides face below pillow*

We spent the rest of the day at Tampines IKEA, Courts and Giant… and finally settling down at a boardwalk at Changi Village for a nice place to sit, relax and chat… Let time fly by~

DSC00306

Look at our eyes… We were very tired! =P

But it was a happy escape~ hahaha…….

No comments: