Thursday, October 22, 2009

My 23rd Birthday - Part 5

My birthday was spent with Mr. Koh as he had also taken a day off to rest and celebrate.. haha! Determined to have Mc Donald’s breakfast, we rushed out before 11, just in time to buy the last few sets of Big breakfast =) HAHA! I was greedy that morning, wanted to order hotcakes as well, but.. resisted as I already had tonnes of food on the table already.. haha..



We went off on Kino and arrived at Vivocity shortly.. We are going to SENTOSA! Island Life Love it~ hahaha… It was surprisingly crowded that day.. Simple, coz I’ve invited all of them to celebrate my birthday with me! HAHA..



So early afternoon was spent loitering around Siloso beach, thinking of how we can spend the afternoon..


Took a picture with this fish called Oscar!

He just can't get his hands off its teeth... =P



In the end, we’ve decided to revisit (more for me, coz Mr Koh hadn’t been to it before) the Underwater World.. Sounds majestic ya? Hahahha…

We spotted a few peahens and A peacock.. haha.. and monkeys too~




It’s my 2nd/3rd time there.. haha.. and the last time I’ve step foot into the attraction was more than a decade ago.. haha! It was impressive… then~


So I thought to myself that it would be much better now.. haha! Afterall, it’s been more than 10 years… so much could be done in 10 years… So why not? We parted with our money and headed into Underwater World.. haha..

Super expensive la.. haha!

We went in and I saw the very familiar touch pool! I remembered I (still a kid then) was so fascinated with this pool, was scared at first, but soon after realized that the fishes in the pool don't bite...


*sayang*



He followed suit.. haha.. Touch la! Pay money already must touch... hahaha...



And the Stingray smiled at me~ *hello*


The fishes came to me... haha...... But I didnt managed to touch any coz they went away when I reached my whole hand in =P

We loitered around and appreciated the fishes and exhibits..Very much like an educational tour..






See the bubble inside the tank? I managed to go inside... read on~ HAHA!


Mr Koh posing near the conveyor belt.. We are going underwater lo! =)


How green......... And I was kinda disappointed, coz everything looks the SAME! I'm not kidding.. haha.. the belts look dusty and erm... the fishes look old and lethargic.. haha! I understand..

Say cheese!

See.................... I told you I went inside the bubble.. How I managed to do that? haha.. Ask me if you're interested.. haha... it's complicated... =P


We lazed around the beach and strolled to the Dolphin Lagoon to catch the dolphin show! haha... This is new.. something to look forward to at least.. hee!



We found a good spot and got ready to enjoy the show.. haha!

Jump dolphin jump! =) Good picture taken by Mr Koh... I like this.. haha..


Dolphins are real obedient =) Or maybe they are trained to be so.. Nevertheless, I think these trainers are big animal lovers.. Imagine, this is your job! No computers and excel sheets.. You train dolphins~ Wow.. How refreshing ya.. But you gotta love animals and the sun... coz they all look extremely tanned..

The show lasted for around 20 entertaining minutes.. and I wished it lasted longer.. haha.. but wells, the dolphins needed a break =P

We started walking around again... and were very hungry by then.. We hadnt had a proper meal since the Mac Breafast =) My legs were weak.. haha! But still, managed to get a tourist to snap a picture for us.. haha...


Posing with my pal... Yu WeiShi =) hahahha...

We went in search of a normal restaurant on the island and to out disappointment, the nicer restaurants were either under renovation, closed, or too touristy~ We almost gave up and wanted to head back to vivo to have our dinner..

But surprise surprise!! Love such surprises... haha.. It's especially delightful when you chance upon a decent restaurant out of no where.. serving decent food.. hee! And the bonus: The decor was exceptionally elegant.. haha.. Well, call me a suagu or anything, but heartland-me seldom dine at such beautifully-decorated restaurants...

The pics don't do the restaurant justice.. haha! you gotta be there to see it =)

So we admired and enjoyed the ambience while waiting for the food to arrive... hee! Oh ya, half the time I was admiring the Lady boss too... haha! She's gorgeous~ I don't think she's local.. But she's got the charm~ Very beautiful.. don't want to use the word 'pretty', coz personally, I feel that it has a low class connotation attached to it.. haha!




I got flowers... hahaha......... for that 1 hour in the restaurant... =P


Nice~


My roasted chicken.................... Pok pok pok~


His fish and chips.. haha.. Food was fine~ coz I'm not very particular about food, as long as they are edible and don't taste very bad.. Anything goes actually =)


And that's a nice shot to end our lovely dinner.. in the lovely restaurant with the lovely lady boss... haha!

.
.
.
.
.

The celebrations did not end.......... Reached home at night and my dear parents bought me a Big and Nice Mango cake =) Thank you so much Daddy and Mummy~ *muacks*




My family sang a birthday song, afterwhich I made a simple birthday wish and blew out the candles........ I'm 23 already~

I'm glad I spent my birthday with the dearest people in my life........ Happy Birthday to me! =)

No comments: