Monday, December 3, 2012

Rider's cafe on a rainy day~

As the title suggests, it was a wet journey and day at the rider's cafe, secretly tucked in a corner of Bukit Timah~ but it definitely felt like I was overseas.. Haha.. There were few cars, lots of trees and field patches, cafes housed along the sides of the roads and of course horses!

Heard much about the rider's cafe but always thought it was more easily accessible and visible from the main roads.. Pleasant surprise it was~ it almost felt like a little town =)

Light snacks were served at the cafe coz we missed the brunch timing, but that's fine, the cheesecake was awesome! I've never tasted nicer cheesecake, it's true =p

We had hot mocha and cappuccino to go along with the cheesecake and chicken skewers~ very comforting on a cold and wet day =)

We strolled to the nearby horse riding club to get up close with the horses and ponies~ they looked bored in their little stables, but I guess they are very well looked after.. We saw many expat children taking riding lessons there, it really felt like I wasn't in Singapore =p

My closest encounter with horses was when I visited a farm in Australia when I was very young (9 or 10?) and I remembered riding a little pony, and I was truly terrified! Haha.. These kids at the riding club are way more brave and adept =p

As with usual exploration trips around Singapore, we were armed with our slew of cameras, snapping away moments and memories of the place =)





No comments: