Friday, January 11, 2013

Proud finisher of 7.5km

Title of this post is pretty laughable and seriously not something many would be proud about.. Haha.. But to me, it's a personal achievement in 2013! =)

I remembered signing up for some great eastern 10km run in the past, but due to some reasons I didn't turn up at the event =p so honestly I've never ran any distance further than 5km, which is the distance i cover during my usual jogging sessions..

Haha.. So you see my company has a few offices in the past, the main HQ at havelock, and the remaining offices are scattered at tanjong pagar and Kim Seng.. so recently, a new office building has been built at bendemeer so as to house folks from the tanjong pagar and kim seng office and some from HQ (sadly i'm one of them).. And earlier today, my company organized this run called the 'big migrate' to commemorate the shift of many from HQ and other offices to Bendemeer.. Haha.. Long story short, I ran 7.5km all the way from HQ at havelock road, to the Bendemeer.. Haha!

Truly a personal achievement! Not forgetting the rain towards the end of the run... It was a scenic route, passing by the Singapore river, flyer, nicoll highway, indoor stadium, kallang river, and back to Bendemeer.. Haha!

I'm proud that I didn't give up and persevered all the way.. Though it's pretty tough, with all the slopes, steps and strong winds.. The view was nice but most of the time I was busy regulating my breathing, trying to conserve and last the whole run.. Haha.. I finished the run and the total time taken was 50 mins =) a personal feat!

Now my legs are aching as I'm typing this.. But I think it's worth it! Pat on the back for myself.. Hee

Cheers to a great start in 2013!

 

 

No comments: