Thursday, January 3, 2013

Welcoming 2013!

Happy new year to everyone! To those who are still reading my blog or happen to chance upon my humble little online diary.. Haha.. 2012, an eventful one for me indeed.. Never knew time could pass by so quickly.. It seems to have accelerated over the years =p

Nevertheless, we had to say farewell to 2012.. And we did what most people would do, we headed to town, and got lost amongst the throngs of people.. Haha! And of course we treated ourselves to a wonderful movie - les miserables~ I'm not the kind who loves musicals, and I haven't exactly been to one.. But this movie opened my mind to musicals.. People don't talk, they sing! Yes, from every word, to exclamation, sighs, etc... Perfect movie to end the year... And Anne hathaway's "I dreamed a dream" totally blew my mind =)

We had a simple yet super delicious dinner at Ayam penyet ria!

Spicy shiokness!
Followed by some shopping and desserts at coffee bean.. Before we decided to head to our usual venue to watch the annual new year fireworks!

Cappuccino and Chicago cheesecake
We leisurely made our way to marina promenade and settled down at a windy and quiet spot =) enjoying the cool night breeze while patiently waiting for the countdown to start.. We were thoroughly entertained with the songs performed at the floating platform concert~ they sang many songs from the 90's to 00's and got us singing and swaying along =). Making the wait so much more enjoyable..

Last picture taken together in 2012
Instax pictures!
The new year was ushered in, following the beautiful display of the fireworks that lasted for around 8 minutes.. And I finally took a shot of the fireworks with my instant camera! Wanted to take a nice fireworks instant picture and am glad the one I took didn't look too bad.. Haha!

Happy 2013 everyone! May this year be a fruitful, happy and fulfilling one for all =)

 

No comments: