Tuesday, May 27, 2014

If I have an elder sister...

I do wonder at times how different my life would be if I had an elder sister… I wished I had an elder sister to give me advice, encouragement and pamper me like a little princess at home… To be my pillar of strength and the person I will go to whenever I need help or advice on matters relating to school, work, relationships or simply just everyday matters… You know there are certain things you don’t tell or ask your parents or friends, because you didn’t want them to worry or trouble them… But I wished I had that elder sister who could give me the most honest (could be brutal, even if the truth hurts) advice and guide me along when I’ve hit a rough patch in life… I can take hard truths, just hit it at my face and I’ll take it like a man… Go ahead and wake me up if I’ve indeed made a wrong move…

A dependable and rational voice to accompany me during my growing up years, helping me conquer my deepest fears and share my deepest secrets with, stop me from making the same mistakes she did when she was younger… Perhaps my life would have been different from what it is now, if I had an elder sister who would encourage me to chase my dreams and travel the world when I’m young, push me to perform beyond my potential, constantly remind me not to settle for anything less, and remind me that the world is my oyster…

I guess over the years, I’ve learnt much and have had the privilege to make some major decisions in my life myself… there is no turning back, and no point in wanting to rewrite history even if the decision was bad, or even question myself if the decision was right… the only way is to go forward with the decisions I’ve made and make the best out of them…

Sometimes, I do wish I have such an elder sister…

But since now I’m the elder sister, I do hope to be that sister that could give my little sisi such advice to make her journey forward more fulfilling and satisfying~ =)

That being said, it's time to head out with my mp3 and vibrams.. It's time for some "me time"......

 

No comments: