Monday, April 28, 2008

This way to HSBC Treetop Walk...

Thank goodness.. The weather was beautiful! Beautiful Sunday... Bright and sunny.. Blazing sun! But we cannot complain coz it would be disastrous if it was raining.. Imagine muddy trails, slippery slopes... Eww!

Woke up vv early at 8am.. Considering the fact that I usually wake up in the afternoon.. hee! Embarked on our journey into Mac Ritchie.. Filled with determination to reach the Treetop Bridge.. It's like Journey to the West you know.. HAha! Equipped with just the bare essentials.. We started hiking lo..


Thank goodness, the mosquitoes kept away from us.. Nature's beautiful.. Air is fresh! Trees are especially green and sky is clear and gorgeous =) It was a lovely walk on the boardwalk.. It's such a different experience, compared to the same old boring x-country held every year when I was schooling.. HAha! Was full of enthusiasm and anticipation, not knowing what's ahead of us.. We just kept walking..
Soon, we ventured deep into the 'jungle'.. that's when I start to get suku.. HAha! Since there's nothing much to see in the jungle except living trees, dying trees and rotting trees.. upslope, downslope, muddy patches, super dry trail.. You name it, mac ritchie has it.. HAha!

I shall post my unglam pictures here, coz it's very funny =P

The walk/hike definitely made me perspire, and it made me less guilty of the amount of calories I'd consumed the previous day at popeyes.. HAha! Soon, after walking for some time.. Fatigue started to creep in, and from the signs along the trail, we realized we have already hiked for around 5km.. Impressive wor.. HAha!

We walked past this path which is alongside a golf course, and the funny thing is, it's not fenced.. meaning it's open to anyone.. which makes me wonder why it's left like that.. HAha! Then we passed this place where suagus were spotted =) I've decided to take a picture with them.. It was very hot then leh!
Then we continued our walk again.. It really felt like Journey to the West loh.. we took pictures along the way again.. like filming a documentary.. HAha!



Can u see the mini me in the picture? HAha..

Soon after, we reached this observatory tower which we initially thought was the start of the treetop walk.. But nope.. it wasnt.. Nevertheless, we made our way up the spiral stairway.. It made me vv giddy loh.. There! I've arrived at the top.. I find this picture very ugly, but funny... hee! "Princess of the world" =P

We continued hiking again.. Finally! after walking for another few kms, we finally reached the treetop!.. We did see some families hiking too, so we're not exactly alone... HAha!


Not exactly very high... But still.. it's lovely =) Im immersed in a very very green world, away from the cars and pollution.. Had to take pictures.. We've conquered the treetop bridge!


We got lost coz apparently the map we've gotten from the information booth is not very concise.. Some hikers were equally lost too.. we walked and detoured, while enjoying the scenic view and occasional cool breeze..

We made our way out slowly, not realizing we've spent like 3 plus hr hiking.. My strong legs.. *massage* Haha.. tiring leh..

I zonked out when I reached home.. hee! Healthy living.. *woohoo*

No comments: