Monday, February 16, 2009

Date with Mr. Valentine

Valentine's day was spent with my date, Mr. Koh.... Highlight of the day was dinner at this ulu ulu korean restaurant located at Telok Ayer, after loitering around shopping malls at raffles city/Marina Square.. Shopping malls were infested with people.. couples walking around, gfs hugging bouquets of flowers..

Talking about flowers... Bouquets I saw that day come in different sizes and colours too.. Florists must be grinning from ear to ear.. Business sure looks good! haha~ I can understand the stress bfs are facing during vday... Wondering if the gfs would mind if they didnt receive any... And if the guys ever buy, they would normally fret over how big a bouquet it should be (recession leh~)... haha....

Anyway, back to the dinner... =) This place brings back fond memories for me as I used to grow up around this place (Beh Beh Yi's place is just less than 100m away).. haha~ Name of the restaurant: Manna Restaurant...

We made our orders soon after we settled down.. The deco is something which I must mention.. It has such a homely feel to it.. There were nice curtains (he said it looked dirty) haha.. and warm lighting.. wooden chairs added to the cozy ambience.. perfect! What's even better was, the restaurant was pretty empty! so much better than squeezing with crowds in town... It's a nice place to dine, if you enjoy some quieter moments with ur date/savouring the food...

Condiments were served all at once, right after we ordered..
There was so much food......... I felt like a pig.. A royal pig =P

The feast!

Me with his Bi-Bim-Bab~ =)
Him with my Kimchi Chi-gae and the BBQ Pork~ Woohoo... Eat and you will fly up the sky lo... I kid you not~ HAHA!
The food was good.... Esp the BBQ Pork! It is well marinated and the meat is sooo tender.. It melts in ur mouth (I'm kiddin, if it melts, it means that the meat is spoilt =P) The savory marinated pork had a tinge of sweetness to it as well....... Though not exactly cheap ($22), it was the main lead on the table that night =)

The food was so good that we finished all of it.. Tadah! all swimming inside our satisfied stomachs.... =)

Yes~ It was a good meal..................... *Yum Yum*
And I finally watched Benjamin Button after that at Tiong Bahru Plaza... haha! I like the story.. I finally understood why I've received such diverse reviews about this film.. It's either you hate it/love it.. Well, as for me... I was totally captivated by the story.. It sets me thinking after the movie.. How would it feel like if I were to live my life backwards... Did you ever think about that? The physical changes that you have to go through (aging backwards) while your mental capabilities function and age as normal.. It's pretty interesting........ Go catch it if you don't mind a long/draggy movie.. You'll just have to follow through...... =)
Valentine's day went past just like that.............. And yes, I'm glad I spent it with my Valentine~ =)

No comments: