Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Happy Mooncake Festival

Mr Koh and I went to the Chinese Garden in an attempt to see if there are any decorations or lightings up for the impending mooncake festival.. haha! Our plan was to not pay any cent.. and loiter around the lake to see if we can see anything for free.. haha!

Surprisingly, it was pretty dark when we reached! We reckoned there wouldnt be any lantern exhibition this year as it would normally have been up a week before the actual day of the festival...

I wondered if there was a power trip or something, as it seemed unsually dark as we entered the garden.. Though it was dark and all, there were throngs of people entering the Chinese Garden.. They must have thought that there would be some lighting of lanterns too..

Nevertheless, I was pretty excited, coz it has been a very very long time since I last stepped into the Garden.. Been seeing the garden almost every other day from the MRT train (when I went to NTU last time), but never got the chance to go there.. haha.. The last time I came here was more than a decade ago...
It looks beautiful at night, and I bet it looks even better in the day~ =)

We started strolling aound, and to our surprise, we saw a few of our NTU classmates... Saw Songqin, Huiren and the girls... Such a concidence! We are all staying in the East, and we actually meet each other in the West that very night.. haha! They had actually planned for a night of fun with laterns, sparklers and mooncakes.. how fun!

They gave us a lantern to play with, and offered us mooncakes too... haha! How unexpected~ =) Our relaxing stroll in the park suddenly became eventful.. hee..


Like a happy family!


I got a lantern too! =) which has a '福' on it.. haha.. How funny~ wasn't '福' more appropriate for CNY instead of mid autumn.. haha.. neverthless, it's still something positive! hope it brings me good luck~ haha..


Carrying it like a lil girl.. haha...

I walked around with the lantern.. attracting occasional stares from passer-bys.. but since it's almost pitch-dark, I guess ppl can't see me well too.. haha! And it brings me back to the good old days... =)

And we walked to this Live Turtle and Tortoise Museum set in the Garden.. But it was closed when we reached, so we couldnt get to see any turtles too.. haha.. except for those on the wall... =P


There were drawings of the different kinds of turtles and tortoises... Reminds me of my 2 suagus at home!


This breed (which I'm pointing to) looks just like mine at home.. haha..


Mr Koh joins in the fun as well.. haha... Seems like all the turtles are all attracted to the lantern and are heading to its direction.. haha!


Final shot to end the night~ =)

Though it was a hot and humid night, but that didnt dampen our moods.. haha.. I had fun carrying laterns, felt like a little girl again~ How can we enjoy the festivities without lanterns and mooncakes?

Now I feel like making my own lantern =P


No comments: