Sunday, September 6, 2009

My Taipei Trip (Day 1)

On 29 August, I jetted off on a Jetstar plane to Taipei =) It was a highly anticipated trip as Mr Koh and I have decided to be more adventurous during this trip… haha! We’ve planned the itinerary few weeks before and made sure that we covered most of the must-go attractions.. Most importantly, I have been forewarned that there will be ALOT of walking.. haha…

It will be an adventurous trip.. full of exploration and surprises! Naturally, I will be too excited to have a good sleep the night before.. I woke up the next day, super excited about my Trip!

After breakfast with my parents, we drove to pick Mr Koh up~ And yes, I finally drove him.. to the airport =P haha! And thank you Daddy for seeing us to the airport and driving the car back home =)

And in a few moment’s time, we finally arrived at my favourite place! (My Da Yi Ma arrived at the same time too~) =P

DSC00455

P1070351DSC00454DSC00457

We loitered around and took pictures like tourists coz we had too much time to spare.. haha!

And soon after, we proceeded to check in our luggage =)

DSC00462DSC00465DSC00466

We Shopped around the transit area~ Woohoo! And did some silly poses inside too… It was surprisingly empty inside the area…

  P1070360 P1070364 P1070365

We had a good feet massage at the massage stations inside too =) it’s FOC, why not? hahaha…

P1070375

A good massage to prep us for the long flight ahead =) Living like kings and queens… haha!

P1070378 P1070384  

I tickled the SIA girl and blogged before boarding the plane.. =P

DSC00475

We had a quick lunch at BK…

And off we go! =) Taipei… Here we come!!!!

DSC00469P1070392

Bye bye Singapore~

DSC00478

It was a long long flight… and we had to entertain ourselves… haha.. And I spotted something amazing… This is nature’s work of art! Incredibly beautiful isnt it? Though I’m not sure how it was formed, I think it’s gorgeous… haha! I could even see the individual snow flakes..

DSC00488DSC00486Clear blue sky~

After a long and arduous journey, we finally reached Taipei! =)

P1070399

P1070398DSC00491DSC00493

We are so ready to explore Taipei now! Now, join me as I slowly recall and relive my Taipei trip~~ =)

It was already 6.30pm when we reached the airport.. Pretty late, but we were all hyped up and fully charged to enjoy ourselves… 

We were pretty lost when we exited the arrival gate, and even got the directions to the express bus terminal wrong.. haha! My bad.. But we were pretty gan chiong coz we were running late ma =P We can’t wait to get to Shilin Night Market.. My mind was thinking about the XXL Chicken all the time.. haha!

We boarded the bus (stops near our hotel) at around 7.10pm.. Excited~ I was really excited.. haha!

DSC00495DSC00497DSC00496

There was even a TV on board to entertain the passengers.. haha! I remembered it was showing some variety show, and it made me laugh unglamorously all the way to the hotel.. I forgot what being ‘paiseh’ meant coz I was really too happy.. hahahaha~

We reached our hotel about 50 minutes later… =) We had no time to waste.. We left our barangs barangs in the room and hurriedly made our way to Shilin Night Market…

P1070419

Though in a hurry, I still paused to pose with our cosy little room =)

On our way to Shilin Night Market lo! Mr Koh posing with Ximen Metro Station Entrance…. As the night became darker, our smiles grew brighter!

 DSC00500DSC00503DSC00507

Thinking that since we’re heading to Shilin Night Market, we should naturally stop at Shilin Station… But wrong! Little did we know that we should stop at Jiantan instead… Jiantan is nearer to the night market.. My bad again.. haha! As I should have known better since I’ve been there 2 years ago… =P

Nevertheless, we still managed to find our way back to Shilin Night Market… All thanks to Mr Koh’s superb navigation and map reading skills.. hahaha! I just followed him~ =)

And tadah! I spotted my XXL Chicken stall…DSC00508P1070461

As expected, there was a long queue… But I got mine soon! Time to fill our empty stomachs with mouth-watering food =)

We stopped at a dessert stall to have ‘Ai Yu’.. It’s actually their ice jelly.. Ai Yu and XXL Chicken~ is a match made in heaven!

DSC00509P1070471

Next, we spotted some sponge cakes called ‘Ji Dan Gao’ beside the dessert shop.. haha! They are real cute, and come in all shapes and sizes… haha.. They have cakes shaped like a gun, rooster, motorcycle, pig, etc…. And they are cheap too! =)

P1070473P1070482

“Stay away, I have a gun….”

DSC00513

“I love my pig!”

We had those big big sausages too! Sedap… They are juicy and delicious… Thinking about it now makes me drool… Vv nice!

P1070466

After food, we were all ready to shop… Correction, I am all ready to shop.. hahaha… Mr Koh can only start to watch the girls… =P

P1070477

We were distracted by those toy catching machines along the way… Per try costs only 45 Singapore cents..

P1070483 P1070488

Shopping~~~ Clothes were relatively cheap… but not all are nice… hahaha! I had to be decisive and buy clothes that I like on the spot without much hesitation as it would be hard to find the shop again once we walked to other lanes.. The night market was pretty huge…

P1070529

I didn’t really buy alot that night.. But yes, I bought the top which I was holding in the picture.. hahaha! =)

P1070537

We walked along the lanes and spotted this cheese potato with ham and corn bits sprinkled on the top.. haha… Not nice =P Don’t be deceived by the big smile… haha…

P1070507

I got my bubble tea too! =)

P1070502

I love Shilin Night Market……………….

Soon, it was time to bid goodbye to my favourite night market.. haha.. We needed to rest early that night coz Day 2 would be a LONG LONG day… We needa recharge =)

P1070497  DSC00522 

We caught a train back to the hotel and finally we got to rest our weary bodies and of coz the vv sore feet…. hahahaha!

Stay tuned to Day 2 =)   

1 comment:

QUANG DONG said...

I will go to Taipei on Oct 3.Thanks your information.