Sunday, September 20, 2009

My Taipei Trip (Day 5): Final Installment

Finally, Day 5 arrived........ I was sad... really~ sad coz I'm leaving Taipei... Definitely not enough and I wished our trip was longer.. haha! The few days in Taipei was very eventful and enjoyable.. weather was wonderful (though I would prefer the temp to be lower)..

We woke up very late that day.. haha! coz we don't have very ambitious plans for the day.. Just a final half a day in Taipei to enjoy~ We walked around XMD and went to their famous Tamago Ya (Japanese Restaurant) to have our brunch.. haha!


It started pouring and stopped few minutes later.. funny weather, but luckily it only happened on our last day.. haha!



While waiting for our food to arrive, we started taking pictures.. haha.. The decor inside the restaurant was pretty nice.. There was this vv elegant chandelier hanging from the ceiling.. and the tables and seats were all vv clean and neatly arranged =)



Finally, the food came.. This was what we have for lunch.. haha! A scrumptious lunch before we bade goodbye to Taipei........


Mr Koh ordered his Unagi Tamago Rice...
While I ordered my Pork cutlet Tamago rice.. hahaha... got curry sauce somemore..


*Super yummy~~*


We had cheesecake as dessert too... Super satisfied! =)

We loitered around XMD after brunch and made some last minute purchases like local products and foodies before making our way back to hotel.. to get ready to check out..

*sobs*


Bye bye Good Ground~ Though room was a lil small and a dark.. It was still liveable.. haha!


Next, we lugged our luggages to Taipei Main Station, as we wanted to take a train to Taoyuan, and make our return trip to the Airport an unconventional one.. haha! Instead of taking a cab, we opted for the more adventurous and tiring alternative.. haha! It was tiring..... Considering my luggage was pretty heavy, loaded with all my purchases.. haha!

But thankfully, Mr Koh helped me with my luggage while we ascended the countless stairways along the way.. haha! Thank you very much~



Towkay Koh with all our luggages... haha!


Inside the train.. which felt like a coach actually.. haha! I've never been on such a train.. really~ The only train I rem taking in Singapore is the MRT... oh wait.. I think I've taken a similar kind of train in Japan a decade ago.. haha....

A comfy 30 minutes ride to Taoyuan Station...



Reminds me of the railway station at Tanjong Pagar... I guess all railway stations look about the same..

Then, thinking that since we are already at Taoyuan, the airport should be a stone's throw away... we started to search for a bus that goes to the airport.. should be easily done, we thought to ourselves...

We were not very correct.. haha! In the end, we resorted to asking the locals for directions.. We approached a friendly uncle (a shop owner), who gave us very valuable directions to this bustop, where we could catch a bus which goes to Taoyuan Airport..



I'm really glad that during our trip, we had very helpful and friendly locals who directed and led us to the places which we wanted to go.. haha! Without their advice, we might not have been able to visit so many places... by the unconventional 'non-touristy' ways.. haha.. Sometimes, I felt quite local... haha..


We had a nice can of coffee... to perk us up for the long bus ride ahead.. =)

It was around an hr's ride.. where we passed by some really interesting places.. We passed by some farm fields, local shophouses, motor showrooms and alot more.. Things which we couldnt have seen at the more commercial places in Taipei.. The ride was like a finale sight-see session for us... =)


*hurray! We've finally reached Taoyuan Airport....*


Now now... which is our flight?...


At the check-in counter...



As you can see from the beautiful orange rays on us... It was almost sunset.. and before we board the plane, we have to eat something before we faint.. haha!


We had sandwiches and some beverages at Starbucks! haha.. We wouldnt even eat sandwiches in Singapore's Starbucks.. it's way more exp!


And so..... We were cooped up in a small space for 5 hrs.. and we could only entertain ourselves this way.. haha! A bag of potato chips that exploded in my bag became the joke of the night.. haha! It really exploded... with a loud 'pop'.. Thankfully it's didnt alarm anyone.. It was hilarious.. I was just joking a moment ago about how manufacutuers would take into account air pressure difference on board.. therefore, the bag will only look bloated, but will not burst.. Haha! well for this brand of chips, they apparently overlooked that =P And gave me a hilarious scare in the air...



After 5 long and eventful days in Taipei... We finally came back.. haha! Not that I don't miss anything at home, but I simply enjoyed every minute of my trip.. =) I've tasted good food, seen beautiful sceneries, experienced a diff kind of Taiwan (as compared to my last trip 2 yrs ago).. and of course, I enjoyed Mr Koh's company throughout the trip.. haha! (though I know he'll have recurring nightmares of the hellish shopping)...

Don't know when I'll go back to Taiwan again.. Maybe in the near future? or maybe with my kids, or maybe when I'm old and frail.. haha...

It was a great trip and I had fun blogging about it.. I've now come to the end of my Taipei posts, till then.. tata~~~

I miss Taipei too!

No comments: