Thursday, September 17, 2009

My Taipei Trip (Day 4)

Day 4 started with us waking a little than usual.. haha.. Weariness accumulates through the days and that explains why we slept in a little later that day… The initial plan for the day was to conquer Yeh Liu and Jiu Fen, finally ending dinner at the renowned Modern Toilet Restaurant.. =)

Seemed pretty ambitious to cover within a day.. and taking into account that we woke up late, we were highly skeptical about accomplishing it.. haha!

But first, stomach has to be filled.. We need food! As usual, we gave up on our search for the traditional zao can dian.. haha! And we settled for MOS Burger which costs as much as in Singapore.. But, I’m not sure if MOS in Singapore serves breakfast… =P

We set off without knowing how exactly we would get to Yeh Liu.. All we knew was to get to Taipei Main Station, and then somehow find our way to Yeh Liu by taking some bus.. haha.. How exciting right? =P
We reach Taipei Main Station and were LOST! Really, I could feel the helplessness.. haha.. but thankfully, being proficient in Mandarin, asking for directions became a lot easier.. =P The helpful information counter assistant patiently gave us directions to the Bus Terminal to catch a bus to Yeh Liu.. Perfect! =)
We walked under the hot sun.. and reached the interchange after 10-15 mins of walking.. Not very difficult afterall, as it was quite noticeable from far.. Finding the right bus to Yeh Liu was easy as well, coz bus route signs were everywhere.. The word Yeh Liu could be easily spotted.. =)
And so, we purchased 2 tickets to Yeh Liu and started our 1 hr long journey…. Haha… Along the way, we passed the whole stretch of Zhong Xiao Dong Lu that we walked on Day 2.. I was impressed.. sending chills down my spine, still vv amazed at how we managed to do that.. It even took the bus 15 minutes to travel the route which we conquered on foot for a day! Hahaha…
*catching a wink to recharge*
Finally, we reached Yeh Liu.. And we alighted our Guo Guang bus =)
We went to 7-11 to buy some fan tuan and drinks so that we could eat them along the way =) and we settled a meal easily like that..
And we continued the walk~
After a short walk, we reached the Geopark which preserved all the beautiful rock formations.. 50 NT for entrance fee was pretty cheap.. considering how many hours we spent inside.. Yes, we stayed in there for more than an hr… It was more of a scenic tour around Yeh Liu.. The weather was perfect! Albeit a little too hot… haha.. so we took a lot of pictures, and got baked once again.. haha.. Poor skin, I still have tan lines on my shoulders (as I type now).. It’s been 2 weeks since I came back, at least I still have something to remember of Taiwan when I’m back..
But first, we loitered outside the Geopark to take some pictures of the beautiful sea and backdrop... haha.. it's wallpaper-worthy ya~
We then slowly made our way into the park...
The board showing all the diff kinds of rock formations you can find inside the park =)
*say cheese! self-timer shot* hahaha!
I can imagine the sea breeze caressing my face now.. hahahhaa! Be mesmerised...
His camera never stopped clicking...
And I never stopped posing under the hot sun...
We searched high and low for the famous 'Queen's head'.. Everyone that goes to Yeh Liu must definitely take a picture with it to prove that you have been to Yeh Liu.. haha! Here's our prove.. 100% authentic =P
I was almost cooked by then.. haha.. and we got even more adventurous... we climbed up a flight of never-ending stairs embedded on a little hill in the GeoPark.. and I almost got drowned in my perspiration by the time we reached mid-hill... =P
We stopped half way... haha! Talk abt perseverance... HAHA!
Nothing beats a large can of cold cold beer during a hot hot day! =P Which unfortunately, I didnt buy... HAHA! I still love my teas~
Anyway, when we finally decide to leave, it was already too late to travel down to Jiu Fen.. Therefore, we took a bus back to Taipei Main Station and I felt like we were locals.. No tourists were spotted around us, and it was as though we blended with the locals, just that we couldn’t speak their accent.. haha! Our singlish accent was too distinct and easily recognizable when we speak..
We shopped around Taipei Main Station before heading back to our hotel for a short rest.. haha! How lazy can we get.. wells, it’s a leisure trip ma~ =) Slack and slack all we want..

In the evening, we proceeded to the famous Toilet Restaurant for our dinner! Finally a proper meal after a long day =) The meals were disgustingly delicious… haha!

Gigantic toilet bowl!!!
Modern Toilet... Here we come!
Let us first clear our bowels before we start our meals.. hahaha!
Mr Koh has some big business to do.. How forceful! =P
Proudly displaying the menu...
Look at all the da bian related utensils... hahaha... Mr Koh ordered some curry katsu.. and it definitely fitted the theme.. haha...
Posing with his food.. We were famished actually, but stopped to take pictures.. haha.. before we finish them up...
We were literally dining beside toilet bowls and basins.. hahah...
Unlike Mr Koh who had his reservations for the ice cream, I totally adore the ice cream… It’s not too milky, and it tastes just like ice… hee! Proportion of milk to ice is 3:7…



I ordered pork cutlet stuffed with cheese... I'm drooling as I'm typing it out... haha... Oishi!
Anyway, price of food there is not cheap too! Maybe that explains the emptiness of the restaurant.. Maybe people have moved on, it’s just a novelty… haha!
We left a note in the 'toilet' too.. haha! Just so that they will rem us.. hee!
We proceeded to Shilin Night Market for some last minute shopping and foodie hunt… Was contemplating between Shida Night Market and Shilin Night Market, but in the end, I chose Shilin coz I know I’ll be assured of good food and shopping.. haha! Fearing that Shida might disappoint us like how Huaxi demoralized us, I opted for Shilin.. hee! Though I know Mr Koh would like to check out Shida NM.. sorry~



Did some last minute shopping and had this bowl of Yam and Sweet potato shaved ice.. haha! It was in my opinion, disappointing… haha! One of the worst desserts I’ve had during the trip.. But it was good enough to cool us down from the morning’s heat… =) I miss the authentic Yu Tou Bing (Yam, sweet potato and rice balls, and others, etc… shaved ice).. haha! We couldn’t find it =( Very sad!
We caught the last train back to Xi Men and retired early for the night! As the day of departure draws nearer, my heart grew heavier…… Why do happy times have to pass so quickly?.. If I could, I will definitely take more days of leave… I really wanted...

The night was spent packing our luggages and watching their endless selection of TV progs… haha!


Good Night~ Look out for my last entry on my Taipei Trip… The finale~ =)

No comments: