Sunday, September 27, 2009

My first time into F1 circuit!

Hahaha... I still can't believe how lucky we were... seriously! We were contented to even catch the f1 cars zoom past from outside last year.. haha... and this year, we were prepared to do the same, in fact! I remembered peeping at the cars from outside, and it was thrilling enough just to hear the f1 cars zoom past us.. I love fast cars... very much! Never, never did we expect, that we would be entering the circuit later that night..

So this year, we made our way down to marina area, hoping to catch a glimpse of the F1 cars, like how we did it last year... haha..


Posing with one the GATE 3, pretending that we were about to enter the circuit.. haha!


Very disappointed! The event organisers blocked all the fences.. leaving no gaps for the onlookers to peep! =P show a little bit will die meh? cover until like that.. haha...

We combed the perimeters of the track, hoping to find a good spot to catch a glimpse of the cars... haha.. and finally, after searching high and low, we managed to find this little spot on the marina square bridge uncovered.. I'm surprised they left this part open to public.. haha.. but it was a pathetic space anyways..

So, Mr Koh started whipping out his tripod, getting ready to snap whatever he could see... haha.. He was busy fixing it, while i was staring into space, waiting for another trial run to start a few minutes later..

Suddenly, a man walked to my side silently, and showed me 2 F1 walkabout passes.. I was puzzled initially, thinking that he wanted to sell me the passes or something.. haha.. but nope, to my surprise, he handed the passes to me.. I couldnt really recall what he said to me.. but his actions sort of meant that he wanted to give them to me and Mr Koh (who obviously didnt know what was going on).. hahaha.. The man left silently again, haha.. after giving me the passes.. and I was elated.. haha! shocked for a few seconds and was ultra happy when I realized that it meant that I could get into the circuit NOW!

I gave Mr Koh the passes and he too, was shocked.. We hurriedly waved and said thank you to the stranger who gave us the passes... HAHA! It was a pleasant surprise.......




Without wasting any more time, we hurriedly made our way to GATE 3, where we took our very first picture earlier... hahaha.. It was not a very short walk, but we finally reached there after 15 mins.. hehe! I was dripping perspiration.. and it sure didnt felt good.. but who cares, I got the PASS! It felt even better hanging the pass around my neck! =) felt like some VIP that night... haha..


WE'RE IN THE CIRCUIT... goodness~ I wouldnt have bought the passes if I had the money... haha! really... It was unbelievable..

We walked along the perimeters of the circuit.. and the usual esplanade and marina roads were immediately transformed! Floodlights lit the night and it was exhilarating being so near the cars... haha..


This is my favourite picture of the night.. taken by Mr koh.. Anyway, this is not an F1 car, this is some other racing car during the other test trial.. haha.. they are not as noisy as the F1 cars..


This is my favourite team.. haha! You can try guessing which team this F1 car belongs to.. haha.. answer will be revealed later..

After walking around for some time, we decided to head up to the esplanade rooftop to see if there's a better view to watch the F1 cars do their stunts..


The view was surprisingly good.. and it's windy too! The weather that night was very humid and hot.. heard it was 30 degrees celsius~ My jeans were soaked and I needed aircon badly.. haha.. But since it was breezy up there, we decided to stay there longer till the test run ended...


Posing with our free passes to end the eventful night =)


All these couldnt have been done without these passes~

I've finally been to the F1, unexpectedly! Something which I think I would nv have gone to, if not for these passes... HAHA! Once again... Thank you strangers =)

Anyway, I'm a McLaren Fan... I shall keep my fingers crossed and see if they will win the race this Sunday.. haha!

No comments: