Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Trip to Sungei Buloh (the land of mossies)~

Getting a little too bored with the city life.. we decided to conquer Sungei Buloh one fine Saturday.. The weather was perfect for such nature walks.. haha.. so we quickly scrambled to the northern side of Singapore, to this 'birds lay eggs' place called Sungei Buloh... haha...

Yay! Arrived...........

we are at the start.... ...... of the battle with mossies......... I fought hard.. without insect repellent and sunscreen protection.. haha.. I was basically lazy =P

We got students' tickets again.. hahaa... we never grow old =P forever not paiseh to flash our students card when we have long past graduation date... HAHA!

The visitors' centre was pretty nicely done up with informational boards and exhibits.. reminded me of the animal parks we have in Singapore.. reminded me of primary school excusions.. haha.. and I took a shot with a funny looking bird.. HAHA..
Mr Koh... at the start of the bridge.. haha.. behind him is the family who was pretty much near us throughout our whole trekking journey..

I seriously didnt see alot of birds... but I certainly got bitten by alot of mossies along the way.. HAHA! Throughout the whole journey, trees and sandy trails was what I always see.. maybe a few occasional butterflies and dragonflies would flutter over to our side to disturb greet us.. =P

Yes, we saw a few reptiles too..... Applaud their camo skills... silent and swift when they move...

And we continued our walk around the nature reserve... and our battle with the mossies got fiercer..

Though the waters are not clear and clean.. but at least they are natural..  This is what nature is all about, beautiful man made lakes and rivers belong to the urbanised world.. here at Sungei Buloh, trees/lakes/rivers/ponds are kept at their most original... I'm glad the authorities have conserved Sungei Buloh well..

We stopped over at some of their Observatory hides along the way, hoping to catch a glimpse of some exotic/migratory birds that happened to stop over... haha.. but sadly, I could hardly see anything..

Informational boards to educate myself on birds species..


When the tides get low..

If I'm not wrong, Malaysia is just behind me.. Our neighbour is actually vv near~

More trees and plants and mossies................. maybe a few birds.. HAHA!


Dark clouds started looming over our heads few hours later and we reckoned that it's best we get out of this bird land before we get drenched.. haha.. We made our exit soon after =)

It was nice walk at Sungei Buloh that afternoon.. I think I've lost quite alot of fluids.. perhaps a litre of perspiration? and few mls of blood to the mossies.. haha... but I've certainly breathed in lots of fresh air and fed my eyes with lots of soothing greens... It's nice to be back at Sungei Buloh after 15 yrs? coz I vividly remember daddy driving the whole family here once for a family outing and things didnt really change alot since then.. Guess they wanted to keep construction and developments minimal =)

Not sure if I will come back here again in the near future.. but I will definitely come back again, with my kids next time.. haha... to enjoy and appreciate the (diminishing) nature reserves in Singapore and be bitten by mossies...

No comments: