Sunday, January 13, 2008

Eventful Saturday...

And Yes, the title of this post says it all... Eventful Saturday it is... Had a great time shopping with my PPG at bugis village and "educated" my babes on the definition of whimsical.. HAha! Apparently, this word has caused some confusion amongst them.. hee... So, what do i mean by whimsical.. Shiyou, listen up k.. HAha!

Here's my definition of whimsical: fun, happy-themed, cheerful/relaxed, bringing childhood back, with an added tinge of chic.... most importantly, it should be done tastefully! It's all about the whole package.... AND whether my eyes approve it =) HAha..

a few examples...

It's all about the feel-good factor! and it's all up to the individual to define whimsical.. HAha... And I love whimsical stuff!! =) I HEART~~

Ok, I met up with angie baby in the evening.. to do some shopping! =) So, in order to gear ourselves for the shopping "battle", we went to the chicken rice shop at the top level of Far East Shopping Centre to have our dinner.. It was pretty empty when we reached.. We settled down soon after and ordered 2 plates of chicken rice and a plate of vegetables... Apparently, it's xiao bai cai I think... HAha!

We chatted as we ate and soon crowds started to pour in.. We asked for the bill.. So here's how the whole conversation went...

Me: Uncle, how much?


Uncle: Hmm.. (*mumbling to himself for 3 secs*, btw, he looks vv suspicious) $12...


Angie and Me: Hmm.. ok......

Me: (Thinking: WHAT!! Even Boon Tong Kee don't even charge this much loh, cannot.. i need to ask!)

Me: Uncle, how much does 1 plate of chicken rice cost?

Uncle: Oh, 1 plate $4.50, then the veg costs $3.. Nowadays Chicken vv exp.. then the rental has also increased.. Blah blah blah... So the price of chicken rice increased.. We just increased our price not too long ago... Blah Blah Blah....

Me: Oh... (rolled my eyes... PACK OF LIES! omg.......) Ok...


I reckoned that if i continued asking, he'll give me more nonsensical excuses and reasons... And i couldn't have got my deserved money back.. So, to spare my eyes from too much of rolling, HAha... We've decided to just pay and get out asap... Angie and I couldn't believe that the plate of chicken rice cost $4.50! Angie was so funny... she complained that the chicken rice at her place, which taste just as nice, costs only $2.50.. We're cheated!

So... People, unless you have too much money to spend, enjoy eating in stuffy and smoky places, and like uncles that can't lie convincingly.. HAha! Feel free to visit that store to have a simple plate of Chicken rice... Hee.... Angie and I have decided to boycott that store.. HAha!

.
.

Next, we headed down to Taka.. Along the way.. I saw a yellow lambo! which caused me to be in a temporary state of trance for ard 2 mins.. HAha! I was that close... Yes, close enough to touch it.. BUT i resisted!! Just in case the owner's just around the corner.. HAha.. LAMBO LEH! I'm still in shock.. woots! Poor Angie, she had to bring me back to earth =P hee....

Went down to Cathay Cineplex to check out a shop... And we started cam-whoring again when we saw this sign!! HAha.. way too cute to resist... =P


Yeah, Angie turns JL on... HAha! (dun worry babe, JL's not reading my blog!) HAha.... =P

See... Eventful Saturday!... HAha...

No comments: