Sunday, January 6, 2008

Lazy Saturday with the lil ones...

It was a rainy Saturday... Raining cats and dogs! Haven't seen the lil ones for quite some time.. I miss them! HAha... Dearest Jia Xin and Jonas! So, along with Ah Qi, we made our way down to our Aunt's place... As usual, I received a vv warm welcome =) With lil Jia Xin showing me her prized possession - POPPING CANDY... Oh! It's been a long time since I had these... I remembered liking them alot coz of the sparkling and popping sounds they make when they rest on your tongue.. HAha... I'm sure you guys must have tried them before =) But there was a period of time I became vv scared of them, coz there was once these popping candy 'popped' quite vigourously and caused some discomfort =P

Obeying lil Jia Xin's orders, I dutifully opened the packet of popping candy =) To demonstrate the effect to the lil Ones.. I tried them first, and showed them the 'power'.. Haha! To my astonishment, they don't look scared at all.. In fact, they looked eager to try it... Suku liao.. HAha! Daredevils.. =P

Jia Xin feeding me.. Look at Jonas! (ah-pek lookalike) HAha..

Jia Xin is loving it.. Gosh! Too much candies ain't good wor...

Lazing around with the kids... On a Saturday evening.. These kids just seem to be so full of energy.. Zeh Zeh (uh-hem, refering to me) is growing old... Haha! U need to feed on Energizer's long lasting batteries to be able to withstand their hyper-activeness... HELP!! I'm not exaggerating! HAha..

A lil info about the POPPING CANDY from express.howstuffworks.com

To make popping candy, like Pop Rocks or Zip Rocks, the hot sugar mixture is allowed to mix with carbon dioxide gas at about 600 pounds per square inch (psi). The carbon dioxide gas forms tiny, 600-psi bubbles in the candy. Once it cools, you release the pressure and the candy shatters, but the pieces still contain the high-pressure bubbles. If you look at a piece of Zip Rocks or Pop Rocks candy with a magnifying glass, you should be able to see the bubbles.
When you put the candy in your mouth, it melts (just like hard candy) and releases the bubbles with a loud POP! What you are hearing and feeling is the
600-psi carbon dioxide gas being released from each bubble.

Wow... amazing yeah? Quick! Go grab a packet from any convenience stores.. Relive ur childhood =)

No comments: