Saturday, January 10, 2009

The day my tastebuds turned adventurous...

Close friends will know that I don't eat beef... Not because of religion or allergy... Simply because I got scared by this 'perculiar' meat when I had my first bowl of yoshinoya beef bowl.. I remembered I had it with angie one day after school......... That was my first and last beef bowl.. I swear~ HAHA!

I don't like the texture of the meat, I don't like the smell of it, I don't like the colour it.. And I think eating such a cute cow is quite disturbing....

One day, during lunch... Mr Yen brought us to Purvis street for lunch =) He recommended beef kway teow... I was quite worried initially, but didnt want the rest to forgo the nice beef kway teow because of me.. =P

So, I took up the 'challenge' (It's really a challenge for me)............ Durains are still a big NO NO for me................. NOPE!!

This is what I ordered... They convinced me it's like normal pork... The rest were more adverturous, ordered organs too... EEEWW! haha~ *salute*

I had a few slices of beef... 2 beef balls... and donated the rest to my fellow colleagues.. haha~ I love the kway teow alot though.. the sauce is good too! HAHA................. *help* I've just eaten beef........... And it's the year of the ox... How how?? =P
_________________

Sunny just got back from his trip and bought yummy foodies for us =)

One of which is the 'dried banana'........... interesting~
The banana is pretty small compared to the normal del monte bananas sold in supermarkets...
The front of the packaging...........

The back.........
Tadah~.............. It's pretty small right? The taste?... not as sweet (surprisingly), the texture?... Similar to gummy.. hard gummy.. haha.............. Overall comments: Not too bad.. Worth a try =)



No comments: