Thursday, January 29, 2009

Chinese New Year (Volume 23)

Today is the 4th day of the Chinese New Year and I'm still feeling the CNY mood... everywhere.. haha.. This year, I welcomed the Year of the Ox at Chinatown with my family...

Caught Daddy trying to get fresh with Mummy.. HAHA! in the lift...

After the reunion dinner at my aunt's place =)

Lil JiaXin with Ah Qi...... How sweet~

We made our way to Chinatown, hoping to kop all the cheap stuff... But we were wrong.. The vendors this year don't seem to lower their prices as it drew nearer to midnight.......... funny! We didnt buy anything in the end.. But we managed to immerse ourselves in the festive mood and crowd.. It was a breezy night too.. thankfully~


Minutes before 12.........
See the strings of firecrackers?

GONG XI FA CAI!

CHU YI................
This is the family's tradition............ =) Before stepping out of the house, we will always take pictures of everyone, dressed in pretty new clothes, news shoes, new everything... haha!
The siblings.........

The parents............. =)
CNY visiting is pretty much the same every year.... haha! the good thing is.. I'm still receiving hongbaos... woohoo~
Visited my auntie later in the evening.. Brought the kids down to Mc Donald's coz the adults needed some peace at home.. haha! They were simply too noisy at home.. disturbing the serenity of the quiet neighbourhood... =P
Lucky I had Ah Qi with me........ I can't handle 2 of the same kind.. They just cannot stop moving, shouting, laughing.. They are super super hyper... I don't even have a quarter of their energy... HAHA! Goodness... I need to train up and be on par with them... If not how I handle my kids in future.. I dare not think.. =P Time to watch Power Rangers/ Ben Ten cartoons.. These things seem to recharge them... haha...
They are still adorable when they've quieten down.. haha! Lil Jia Xin changed into her sexy cheongsam.. Too bad picture blur... =P
CHU ER.........
As usual... Relatives would come to my place... BIG FEAST PREPARED... =)
Abalone, scallops, shitake mushrooms, all the fried stuff... Woo~ Love 'em.......
Not forgetting Daddy's Signature Brandy-infused chicken wings... sedap~
CHU SAN..........

So sian... Roads were quiet on Chu san.. I bet almost half of the Chinese population took leave that day... Why am I at work.................... =(

But nevermind... Went to work and got hongbaos... haha! from company and married colleagues... Even the Pantry Auntie give me hong bao.. I'm so touched.. I feel bad leh, somehow~

Mr. Yen asked Auntie why she give me.. Auntie replied,"Because she is vv nice ma, guai......" HAHA! Aww..................... See, I help Auntie serve visitors/clients drinks when she is busy de k, good girl~... (I'm just trying to eat snake) hahahaha................

Mr Yen treated me and 2 other colleagues to Tao's Restaurant......... WAH WAH!!

Alvin with Mr. Yen... See the disparity... haha~
My vv gam sales colleague... Jean~ =)

I was too busy eating, so there werent many pics of the food.. haha... But this is my favourite dish out of the 6/7 dishes.. FONDUE......... How sweet..... I finished the chocolate btw...... *slurp*

CHU SI.........
Lohei with Peronel and Susanna at a cantonese restaurant near Bendeemeer........ HUAT ARH!
(Uncle short-changed me, gave us the wrong bill... eat my money wor~ But I went back anyways.. 20 bucks leh! must claim.............)
CNY has 15 days... So I still have 10 days to enjoy... Haha...........
And I'm on leave tml~ LONG WEEKEND........ *sipping tea on my couch, shaking leg*...

No comments: