Saturday, May 17, 2008

Bangkok (Part 2)

How can I miss talking about our hotel.. Ramada D’ma Bangkok! Nice place.. Not exactly located in the heart of the city, but it does offer basic amenities like a comfy and spacious toilet, nice bed.. erm.. not too comfortable pillows tho.. HAha.. Super strong aircon (Right Mr Koh? Hee!), cable TV, bath tub (which I didn’t reali use coz it was the time of the month =P)..
Eating ultra delicious Phad Thai and drumstick in our room!! Wonderful~ HAha...
Mingling in the other room.. HAha.. eating lychees....... =)

Before checking out of our hotel

The hotel offered us complimentary fruit punch too! And I spotted a very sweet looking WAITER.. HAha.. he is so pretty.. not the disgusting kind of u know what I mean.. Haiz! Too bad.. no pics of him.. hee.. We ordered this to compliement our drinks =) Chicken with chips..

The biggest highlight of the trip! CHATUCHAK… My goodness, I missed this 2 years ago coz i came during weekdays.. No way am I going to miss this again.. HAha! My loot: a lot of bags, a lot of tops, bottoms, shoes, slippers, shades, earrings..
All ready to battle loh...
The weather was super duper hot! Coconut juice saves the day..

The weather made us so thirsty.. Hydration is a must!
Woo~ I love Chatuchak.. The atmosphere.. everything! U’ll find cute animals there.. clothes, handicrafts, accessories, misc stuff.. WONDERFUL! 2 Thumbs up… if I have more thumbs, I'll raise all.. HAha!

Cramp and stuffy.. But DIRT CHEAP! hahahaha..........

Next attraction Patpong! Wells, this place.. This is where Mr Koh bought his 1200 Baht, communist pilot look-alike helmet, after much easy bargaining.. original price was 2500 Baht! This persistent stall holder even grab him by the hand to prevent him from leaving (MOLEST~).. HAha! Worthwhile buy I would say, looks good.. something diff...
Relaxing/chilling in a coffee house with the folks was enjoyable.. Lotsa luffing and reminiscing. (I dun like beer leh~ burp...)
Jie meis wan sui!!
Patpong is famous for its suggestive shows, and I would love to watch them do their tricks and stunts.. Something new for me =P But I’m afraid of being harassed/disturbed by people.. HAha! In a foreign land? NO.........

We managed to uncover this place called PLATINUM by chance.. HAha! It has a big big food court and I guess it’s a popular place amongst youngsters.. The funny thing is, the shops close at ard 7pm.. HAha.. we practically watch them close as we shopped ard after dinner.. HAha! I went back again the next day, as it showed potential.. hee! Bought a lot of clothes again.. HAha.. I can't stop.. My eyes were like radar.. searching through shops for tops which I fancy..
This is their KFC.. and a cockroach was spotted scrambling past the shelf =P No wonder my stomach felt funny aft their sour and spicy chicken rice.. HAHA!
Pratunam Night Market.. This time round, I never reali got the chance to comb through Pratunam.. I remembered vividly 2 years ago, this was my favourite haunt.. I bought so much things there.. But this time round, maybe coz of the rain, shops closed early.. making it quite boring and unattractive compared to the rest =P But still I bought a bag and some undergarments for mummy dearest there.. haha! (Not much pics taken coz it was raining)

I shall stop here for the moment.. Stay tuned for more highlights of the trip =)

No comments: