Friday, May 16, 2008

Bangkok (Part 1)

Hello......... I'm back! Weary but happy.. HAha! shopped like a queen.. ate like a pig.. Life cannot get any better...

There are just too much to talk about.. I shall blog about the highlights of my trip in a few parts.. HAha!

The trip to Bangkok was fast and furious.. Literally, the cars drove fast and crazy, time went past furiously fast too.. Haha! Indeed.. this feels totally like a grad trip.. Filled with fun and laughter.. Hee!

Some things in Bangkok really amazed me.. When I first touched down, I was exhilarated.. I’ve finally arrived.. I rem telling Mr Koh that Thailand is known as the land of thousand smiles.. Which I dun reali think so, but nvm.. HAha… They should be known as the land of dirt cheap clothes I tell ya! Hee!

Their Airport was beautiful.. Being an airport lover, The Suvarnabhumi airport amazed me.. Seriously, it was worlds apart, compared to the previous one.. Ive seen it before and definitely felt the difference..


The Taxis in Bangkok are very colourful.. The have all the bright n bold colours.. My goodness.. they even zhng their cab.. hee! I wanted a purple cab which seemed to be fitted with turbo engine (I think so, from the sounds of the exhaust).. Hee.. But in the end. We took a normal green and yellow one instead.. And one thing to note, the cabbies do not like to charge by meter.. Con man! HAha.. The whole trip was full of bargaining.. With Ong Heng being the one in charge of bargaining.. The thais love their King very much! We don’t see cabbies in Singapore hanging pictures of LKY do we? =P


The first day in Bangkok was amazing.. It was like coming back to my favourite shopping haunt after 2 years (I came 2 years ago with my gawa mates). This time round with a different company tho =)



My first meal in Bangkok.. Some mi fen tang.. HAha! Thai style =) Seriously, I’ve nv tried roadside stalls before.. I swear I had all my pills ready.. hee! Their food is surprisingly diff.. Tasier.. Maybe due to the amt of salt added.. woohoo!

MBK! Still the same as before.. Nothing changed.. Seriously.. I still see shops selling bags and shoes at 199 Baht ($8.65).. Dirt cheap I tell ya.. Hee! I was happy like a bird =) Bikini for 99 Baht ($4.30) HAHA! All the weeks of restraining myself from shopping in Singapore paid off..

Siam Paragon/Siam Centre was the next stop.. Atas place wor.. This is new.. It was still renovating 2 year ago.. Very pretty place.. I reckoned this must be the Singapore equivalent of Paragon/Ngee Ann City.. How can I not take some pictures there.. hee!


Siam centre is less high class than Siam Paragon.. It’s like bugis street you noe.. HAha! Maze-like shopping area.. no aircon.. But still cheap clothes.. Lucky girls.. Poor boys! HAha….

Thai massage is another highlight of the trip.. Madness.. 2 hours of massaging.. HAha.. I laughed and giggled like crazy 2 years ago.. This time round, I controlled myself and giggled internally =P It was 2 hours of SLOW massage.. I almost fell asleep can.. Crazy photo-taking took place again.. FUNNY! All the suku ppl.. Please grow up…hee!
Ong heng n Felicia managed to convince me that Roadside food is safe for consumption.. I am very skeptical initially, thinking that I should abstain from them during the first few days of the trip.. But, we went ahead on the first day! I tell ya, I was sitting next to their rubbish dump and beside the dump, is the main road.. My goodness, my stomach is strong… Accompanied with the strong stench from the dump, and the occasional fumes from cars, food tasted surprisingly nice! =) I couldn’t care less.. Just eat! HAha..

No no Mr Koh.. No vulgarities.. Tsk tsk =P

Stay tuned! Part 2 coming right away... Haha...

No comments: