Sunday, November 9, 2008

Big Walk @ Marina Barrage 2008

2 November 2008 is my first ever Big Walk day!! =)

Finally........ I found time to settle down in front of my lovely lappie.. HAha! Dilligently saved my pictures in a folder, I'm ready to blog about my first ever Big Walk! YippeE~~

HAha.. I woke up at 545.. Goodness... It has been a long time since I woke up so early.. I remembered the last time I woke up so early was when I was going for my BKK trip... haha... The sky was still dark!

So after changing into some comfy clothes, I went down to the kitchen and started preparing some light bfast... =)

Mr Koh came to pick me up at ard 620.. And off we went~ Headed to Raffles City Carpark.. left Milo in a nice and cosy area before meeting Weiting (Mr Koh's buddy) to get the Big Walk T-Shirt and some other misc stuff like fan, cap, sticker... HAha...
Raffles City in the early morning is exceptionally nice~ Mystically beautiful in a way.. HAha..

The Big Walk officially started at around 830.. I was pretty amazed by the crowd! Humans were like ants to me all of a sudden.. They were all dressed in different colours, some came in costumes too... Super eye-catching! I'm sure they wanted to be spotted by the photograhers so that they will win some prizes like 'The best dressed' or something.. HAHa..

I dropped my hair rubber band somewhere in the car park and I was rubberband-less for the walk.. HAha.. BAd Bad!!
The roundabout at Suntec City became jam packed with people.. Everyone was exicted and eager to start the walk.. Me too! =)

The guys... All set and ready too! =)Ready, Get set... Go!!

This is Weiting and his 'Gf', Shirley... HAha... He gave Mr Koh and I the tix to this event =)

My cute and big head almost covering Weiting's head... =P Retake~
Us... Along the way.. =)
A little secret: I wore slippers... Abit sot sot right? Coz I tot 5km is nothing and walk only ma.. Slippers should be fine.. I am sooooo wrong.. HAha.. =P

Lovely! Morning sun and alot of ppl instead of the stinky cars that give off smelly exhuast fumes.. HAha... We walked along nicoll highway.. leading to the National Stadium..
Finally reached National Stadium... and hor, accident happened!! I tripped over some cement tiles at the carpark area... Goodness.... Pain loh! Some skin came off, blood spotted... HAha.... no plaster somemore... but nvm... cannot be so soft... continue the walk! =) and we crossed this bridge..........
Scary hor.... HAha... Luckily there wasnt much pushing and shovering.. Got cute BB to entertain me while waiting to cross the bridge.. hee!

Then after a short 'forest' trail after the bridge, we came to another strip of hot barren path alongside an ATAS golf course.. HAha..
It was vv hot as we walked.. The time then should be around 9 plus... Thank goodness I had this fan with me.. I used it as a sunshade.. I dun wanna be chao da... haha...

The scandalous pair again.. HAha..
Spotted this banner! Shows that we are vvv near the Marina Barrage.. Yeah!! =)
Walk somemore.. Hang on~ Reaching soon lo... Can you see the flyer? Gorgeous....

Some big walkers stopped to take some pictures...

Another bridge that will lead us to Marina Barrage... finally~ HAha... I was thirsty and hungry loh..... I have a high metabolism rate =P
Stopped for a shot~ It was scorchingly bright.. and HOT! HAha...
Alot of water droplet-shaped balloons.. HAha.. kids loved them! Adults became kids... Haha..
So very lovable right?There was this machine blowing out huge star-shaped foams.. I so wanna hug it tightly and fly up the sky... how sweet how sweet...
YOOHOO! after a hot, thirsty and hungry 5km walk... We've arrived!! I sounded like I've just survived an ordeal... =PFeels like a carnival...First thing on my auntie-mind.. HAha... Have to be quick loh... I know how kiasu Singaporeans can be.. hee..Cannot believei it.. I thought I was fast enough.... I need water!! =POur motivation =)
Families gather around in small circles.. We found a cool spot and settle down too..
I was sooo hungry! Fishballs never tasted so fantastic...............

The rooftop area.. Green grass, blue sky, and a glimpse of the concrete jungle in the background.. Picturesque! Someone pass me some some paper, paint and brush please =)
Big Walk was enjoyable.. A good break away from the mundane work life! More Big Walks in future.. I will bring more hair rubberbands, wear proper walking shoes, bring water and food... HAHA...........

No comments: