Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Beijing Olympics 2008

Seriously, I havent been following the Beijing Olympics religiously like how some of my friends/family members do.. HAha... What a mountain turtle right?
I wasnt even at home to catch the opening ceremony, which I heard was exceptionally impressive and awesome.. HAha! A lil tempted to catch the replay.. But didnt noe exactly when it will be, so the thought just faded away.....

There was this big hoo-haa about this pretty lil girl who lip-sync during one of the performances during the opening.. Wells, it reminded me of the recent korean movie.. The prettier one basked in the limelight, while the average-looking girl with angelic voice had to sing backstage, away from public's view.. Unfair, but I can understand why... Human beings are superficial...
Kids are all cute and pretty ma.... I don't see much difference seriously... Suku!

Then, there was all the hype about Michael Phelps.. Wonder swimmer i presume.. HAha! 8 medals? HAha.. Girls swooning over his to-die-for good looks and body... But seriously, I'm not into swimming or swimmers.. hee!
Legendary pool shark! (sy, please wipe off your drool) =P

Then, there's this China hurdler.. Liu Xiang I think.. Poor him.. heard he injured himself and was ripped off the chance to compete... Hopes of millions of China chinese were shattered, while he wept uncontrollably.. Sad!

The pain the agony....... Take care!

Then, Singapore finally got her medal after a drought of 48 years.. Congrats to the table tennis team! A proud silver medal...... Though I'm not a fan of the sport, I still feel happy for Singapore.. Will we be given a public holiday to celebrate this joyous achievement? *pretty pleaseeeeeee*

Aniwae, this is how lil I know about the mega-event... How detached I am.. HAha........ But but, I will try to catch the closing ceremony... HAha..

Till then, London 2012... I will be 26.. Gosh!

No comments: