Sunday, August 10, 2008

Happy 43rd Birthday Singapore........

It was Singapore's 43rd Birthday on Saturday....... what a joyous occasion (minus the rain =p) I suddenly got awoken at 715am today... Haiz!! Must be my body clock... Interrupted my lovely beauty sleep.. Eventually went back to lala land and woke up naturally at 1030 =) LOVELY! HAha.. NO WORK =)

Went to AMK hub with mummy... Missed our usual brunches.............. HAha... Loved the slow walks, the lil talks, the nice foodies, the shopping around heartlands and supermarkets.. More please! HAha...

As promised, I managed to whip up something.. Bought some ingredients for my potato salad after brunch... And started making a mess in the kitchen.. HAha... TADAH! WeiShi's first attempt at this... It's relatively simple to prepare.. Mayo must be good! The Japanese mayo is heavenly....... Add some lemon for a tinge of sourness.. diced apples for the extra crunch.. Potato boiled till soft but not mashed.. slices of ham.. Garnish... Mix them altogether... TADAH! As easy as that.. Preparing and cooking is easy.. Cleaning up is boring.. =P


Received positive comments... HAHAHA! =)

What shall I cook next?.................

Then it was off to Bugis.. Met Aunt Beh, lil JiaXin and her mum there... Simply coz Lil Match girl having sale! Listen up girls.. 20% off (min 2 pieces) and additonal 10% off for members.. I spotted a beautiful pink top... and tried it the day before.. This is the classic case of Love at first sight.. I had to get it =P I just had it washed, so no pic of the top....... Haha!

Missed my lil girl......... =) She tied 2 suku but cute pony tail at the top....... had countless bangles ard her arm.. This lil girl is getting hiau le... =P


The first thing she said to me was 'See, I got new shoes..'
This lil girl, alwiz greet me by saying.. 'See, I got new ___...' Haha.. Vv hao lian =P But still as very cute la.. hee.......

Then... It was off to watch the fireworks with Mr Koh! Town was infested with people I tell ya.. Made me realize that alot of Singaporeans do not stay at home to watch live telecast of the parade.. Instead, they like to roam the streets, shopping malls in town, lingering around 1km radius of city hall area....... Terrorize lil girls like me =P HAha........... we walked alot, had our stomachs filled before heading to the spot where we will be watching the fireworks from..

Alot of 'irritating and senseless' road blocks.. making normal routes seemed so much more longer than usual... We walked ard in circles.. practically left our footprints everywhere.. HAha.. Finally reaching our intended spot =)

Thankfully, the slight drizzle stopped.. Settling down on a good spot.. anxiously waiting for the display to begin!

The view then... 730 there about?

Few moments later, sky grew dark...

Busy eating... Subway!

The buildings beside us..

Us... before the fireworks began...
'Pomp pomp pomp'



Such beautiful display.. Too short! Brilliant flashes of light.. illuminating the dark sky.. I want more...

Crowd dispersed.. While we made our way back to Raffles City.. Another long walk! Had Mud Pie at coffee club............... Chocolate Madness! Packed with endorphins.. No wonder I'm happy.. HAha.. Yes, Saturday just went past like that...... Sunday please lenghten your stay here...... =P

No comments: