Sunday, August 3, 2008

The past week...

This is an entry which will basically summarise the happenings in this week... Let me recall slowly.. HAha..

Monday: First day of work.. Got ferried by my folks to Serangoon Interchange to take bus 100 to work.. Thankew sooooo much! HAha.. I woke up at 730.. and am thankful to be able to spend quality time with them everyday early in the morn on the way there... =)

Reached on time.. Orientation lasted ard 1.5 hrs, and then I'm led to my office and my cubicle.. HAha.. small department.. Business Development team is lean, with a female business manager who is very nice to me, an intern, a some others.. ard 5/6? Guess what! My mgr's from cedar and AJC too =) but she's 13 years my senior! Pretty mother of a 6 months old baby... HAha..

My Dept Head is a nice boss too.. HAha! His wife works in the same company too, but I hardly see them talk in the company.. Maybe diff dept ba..

So bascially, I was tasked to do a ppt.. Thereafter, read up on the company collaterals, some meetings with bob about what's gg happen during the first 2 weeks..

Lunch was provided everyday.. Thank god for my business mgr.. She keeps me company everyday.. HAha..

Life was sad I tell ya.......... Time crawled..........................

Tuesday: Tasked to do a ppt again.. Presentation to SMU.... Due to a colleague leaving soon, she handed me some work to continue.. That was hell too =P The only thing that I enjoyed most that day was dinner with Mr Koh at Serangoon Garden's Aston Western food! It was fantastic... Please go to his blog to read reviews ya.. HAha.. (Mr Koh, I'm indirectly increasing traffic to your blog... HAha!)

Wednesday: Given more tasks to do, more ppts... Attended a meeting with the sales team and bob.. Discussing about the expansion in Indo... Gosh.. I felt like a sponge... Went home to eat, then went to AMK hub at night to celebrate Mr Koh's passing of the BTT... haha.........

Thursday: Attended another meeting.. It's a presentation to Spring Sg.. Totally opened my eyes... I listened attentively to the presenters.. my goodness.. It felt like BM315.. totally! I tell ya, NBS is good k....... The case studies we did were not useless at all... I'm actually seeing how companies conduct market intelligence research, analysis, alot of things to be done, to actually see a M&A/partnership happen........

Friday: This was a good day, but totally busy... Like a bee... And the best thing? I was alone in the office.......... Whee~ Luxury can... But I was very busy with my stuff, so there wasnt time to feel lonely, as I walked up and down the company to get my task done.. Off to town after work! Woohoo.............................

Saturday: Sad, very sad... Coz I had to work... 4 hrs... sian! the only thing that motivated me to work were the activities after work.. HAha! I was alone again... Coz my manager was on MC, and the intern came last week so he dun have to come this week.. It shall be my turn next week =)

I felt liberated at 1pm! Mr Koh picked me up and we went off to EXPO.. It was packed with ppl coz Natas fair was there.. But that wasnt our main objective... It was the food fair! Woohoo... FOOD =)

Bought my fav hot n spicy fishball, toufu and vege.... and oyster meesua, otah prata.. HAha.. and a Yam dessert! It was fantastic!! Eat eat and eat.............. Samples oso take.. shamelessly but happily! HAha..............

Then it was off to orchard area... shopped ard the area before meeting feli and gang for feli's advanced bdae celebration........ =)

Dinner was at waraku at cuppage! Great food.. But no pictures.... coz we were too busy eating...

Then we adjourned to Dempsy Road for some chilling..... Went to the pub/club called Hacienda... Packed with Ang Mohs... Drink, catching up, people watch, enjoying the company and night breeze... I was dead tired by then... but I enjoyed every min of it... Then it was time to go home.. I was dead tired........ KO at ard 3am? coz my hair took ages to dry.............

My Iced Latte....

With the IKEA table lamp.. HAha..

Sunday: Brunched with Daddy, Ah Qi and bro at Queensway area... Coz Ah Qi wanted to buy her sports shoes... Ate at Alexandra food centre, and had the nice avocado drink! =) Headed for home after buying her shoes.. HAha! I took the car for a spin near my place.. Woooo~ of coz with daddy and Ah Qi in the car.. Im slowly getting used to driving auto cars! HAha..

Then went over to kallang leisure park with Mr Koh in the late aftn.. There was a bike fest over there.. Where many bikes were proudly displayed.. I do not know much abt bikes, but it was interesting knowing more about them...

What made it more interesting was that I spotted a vvvvv cute lil boy in a pro kids' bike suit and a vvvv cute mini bike...... And the more amazing thing was, he looks so cute, so fair, and so shuai!! Like mini Jay Chou can................. HAHA!

Look how cute he is... So small, but in pro suit.. With his bike.. HAha..

Inching closer to this xiao shuai ge... HAha..


Secretly took another shot of him..


Up close! Cute right???? My goodness.. If I have a daughter, I will reserve him for her.. HAha! =P I felt like a creepy big sister preying on some small boy...

While Mr Koh was attentively admiring the stunts and bikes, I was watching kids around me playing and fooling ard, and it was just as enjoyable.. Their innocence, carefree-ness, the way they speak/talk.. Made me wonder how I behaved when I was a kid...

Sunday went past just like that... Working makes me treasure weekends so much more! not that I dun treasure them in the past.. HAha.. Oh wells............ It's another week....... *smile*

No comments: