Monday, September 29, 2008

Singapore Grand Prix... Continued..

After leaving the track on Friday night, I suffered from 'withdrawal symptoms'.. I suddenly missed the the eardrum-bursting f1 car sounds.. So much so that we went back the next day to peek and be near to the event.. HAha!

Wanted to take a picture of the grandstand and track when we were riding along sheares bridge, but was too slow.. This is the most decent pic I took, while on the way there..


Look at the jam behind me.. It was that horrible.. Full of road blocks and closures.. Suddenly City hall area became so inaccessible.. But nevertheless, we arrived soon after!

Saturday night was the time trial race that will determine the starting line-up.. So, after reading so much about Friday's trial race on Saturday morning, I began to recognize some names.. namely, F Alonso, Lewis Hamilton, Rosberg.. Being ignorant about F1 in the past.. these names were like alien names to me.. But on friday night, I caught a glimpse of L Hamilton on the big screen near the grandstand area, pretty near the swissotel... He gave a faint smile at that instant I saw him on screen.. Gosh, he's nice.. haha... Not exactly the most handsome, but he had this humble and cool demeanor.. I told myself: I will root for Hamilton this time around... HAHA! How shallow... But hey! he's only 23.. sucha young man...... Lucky chap! I wanna drive an F1 car too....
But seriously, the race becomes more exciting when you have someone to root for.. Same applies for soccer..

Stayed at home on Sunday night to watch the race on TV... It's really better to stay at home to watch, instead of standing near the track... At least I get to see the racers at different points of the track, instead of just a portion of it if I were to watch the race there... Well, both has its pros and cons..

The Ferrari team shocked me.. Amused me.. and made me realise that anything can happen in a race.. I guess they are just down on luck.. How can such things happen to 2 world class racers from a world class team?.. If you don't know what I am talking about, go google.. HAha...

But seriously, 3 days went past just like that.. So much anticipation and preparation.. All the effort and excitement.. The event went past just like that.. Singapore never looked so beautiful at night.. Streets sparkled under the floodlights, perfect!.. Honestly, I'm proud to say I'm a Singaporean...

No comments: