Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Notting Hill (1999)

Almost after a decade after it’s release, a very out-dated me decided to watch this movie.. online.. =P

notting_hill

I’ve heard so much about the movie, the soundtrack, the cast, the sweetness and all… But I never really sat down to enjoy this movie…

'Notting Hill' is fun, sweet, intelligent and very entertaining. It leaves a very feel-good feeling in me after watching =)

London's Notting Hill doesn’t seem like a street any fashionista would like to walk on. Unlike Beverly Hills, Notting Hill is like a simple little town, where people lead simple yet happy lives…

The movie talks about Julia Roberts (a renowned actress, meeting and falling in love with Hugh Grant, a travel book shop owner).. How fantastic can it be right? Must be a cliché melodrama, I thought to myself initially..

But but, I was very wrong…
Hugh Grant is charming. with his curls… (which I’m slowly falling in love with.. haha!) Julia Roberts is brilliant. I know she never fails to deliver wonderful performances, and indeed in Notting Hill, she gives an excellent portrayal as a very famous actress (who is just as vulnerable as any other girl, deep down).

Anyway, I need to mention some of the visuals in the movie.. There was this particular scene where Hugh Grant was walking through the street market and there were seasonal changes in the background (summer to spring to autumn to winter…) Though the people and buildings remain the same, there were phases of snow, sun, autumn leaves in the background… Indicating the passing of time, while Hugh Grant waits patiently for the return of his beloved… How beautiful~

And and……….. I love the soundtrack.. ‘When you say nothing at all’ by the man with the sexiest voice on earth.. Ronan Keating =) It made my knees go weak…

Though it’s a 10 year old movie.. The very essence of the movie is evergreen~ Everything about the movie is nice and real…. I’m glad I watched it.. It was a sweet and entertaining movie! =)

Let me end this off with a song that never fails to make me smile~

No comments: