Saturday, May 9, 2009

A simple fare

When was the last time you cooked a meal for your family?

I took half day leave last friday, and I realized it's been such a long time since I had the luxury to laze around at home on a weekday afternoon.. It felt even better knowing that I can cook dinner for my family that day............. haha!

Not that I aspire to be a cook/chef/housewife... not so soon... haha! But the thought of being able whip up a simple dinner for my family made me look forward to buying vegetables/meat from the nearby Sheng Siong... haha~ Sounds very auntie, but I actually enjoyed it.. (signs of aging?) =p

The sense of satisfaction, the joy of cooking for your loved ones... Seeing how they appreciate your effort and enjoy eating the very simple dinner you've prepared.... This is what I call bliss~

It takes effort to prepare a meal... So I thank my dearest Mummy (sometimes daddy) for putting in so much effort and love, when preparing dinner for us........ =) Nothing beats home-cooked food........... I appreciate all the effort! (In return I wash the dishes... hahaha)

So on this day (10 May 2009)... I wanna wish my Mummy, a Happy Mothers' Day!

PS: look forward to the next post: Mothers' Day Celebration =)


No comments: